• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Still hoping for pods from my ghost pepper (Inedible)

The ghost pepper was a seedling back in June. I had my first round of flowers drop off - to be expected from indoor growing. The plants are by the window for better photographing. The leaves are turned down because I have the lights next to the plants as well as above them and the ones on the sides are only a few inches away. It has been cool in the apartment because it is winter and there have been problems with not having adequate heat provided. Anyway, it used to be that I was just looking forward to having flowers. Now I really want to see some pods.

The small pepper plant came from seed from a Carolina Reaper that I bought from AJDrew. It seems to be growing fairly well.

And in the milk jug with the top cut off, I have potato. That's just a random experiment to see what will happen.

ghost%20pepper%202016%2002-13.jpg

You mentioned furnace / heating problems, so I am going to run with cold.  I had several moruga scorpions go threw a frost this past spring, thought they were dead.  Moved on to something else, came back to work on that area after a couple weeks.  All established leaves had fallen to the ground.  But tiny little new leaves were starting to show.

Mother Nature is amazing and sometimes tricky.

My neighbors kill plants when I put them outside. Otherwise I would give them the sun they want. The cat owns the windows and he likes to dig in potting soil.

Actually, a good thing to do when you have cats digging in the sail is to put garlic powder in there. Cats HATE garlic. Our neighbours cat was attacking the soil around mums roses, after we put down garlic we've not had an issue at all. 

That's good to know. I have a friend who likes to garden outside and there are a few neighborhood cats that won't leave his garden alone.

My cat likes garlic.

Anything to repel small children? Immature adults? I could grow my plants outside when it gets warmer.

Does anyone know if I am close to getting my first pods?

Back