• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

color White Sauce ???

I got one from buddy a while back that has parsnips, white 7 pots, pears, garlic and ginger. It is retarded good. :drooling: I like to shake some in my palm and just eat that stuff right out of my hand. Parsnips were a brilliant choice! Their flavor combined with the strong chinense flavor of a 7 pot plus the garlic and ginger is just unreal. Not something I would have thought to put together in a million years. 

Use any white ingredients you prefer. Apple , pear , garlic , leeks , raddish ,.
Add Super hot placenta removed any pepper .
It has a lot less colour than the rest of the pepper.

I've been working on a white hot sauce for the past few years.  It's really tough to get anything close to completely white in the finished product.  I've produced some off white/greenish batches, and that's as close as I've gotten.  The fun part is I keep trying every year though!  

(and parsnips, huh?  guess that'll go into this year's batch)  :)

Salsalady makes a garlic pear sauce with white habs (if memory serves) that CJ just adores. She won't sell it commercially because after a couple months it turns gray. It doesn't affect the flavor at all, but it just doesn't look that appealing in a woozy on the grocery store shelf. It's really good tho!

There's a hot sauce by Burns and McCoy called White Lightning with edible silver in it, when the light hits it it sparkles.

"Yes this sauce is really white. Yes it really has edible silver in it. We have taking the perfect balance of white bhut jolokia (ghost pepper) peppers and combined them with white grape juice, garlic, parsnips, and cauliflower to create something special. This is not for the faint of heart as this sauce is extremely hot. Try it on some ice cream, put it on mexican food, try it with tacos. This sauce pretty much goes with anything it touches. All-Natural, preservative free, sodium free and all fresh ingredients."

http://burnsandmccoy.com/products/white-lightning

It comes out a little off white but it's pretty close:  http://thehotpepper.com/topic/42012-rocketmans-theriac/?p=1225941

Like this:

CBCA135B-4462-4C3C-8EC4-B825280FEF98_zpsaxhzpdsw.jpg

Back