• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Second Annual Memorial Day User-land BBQ Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Details will be announced in this thread between now and Thursday 5/26, and the contest will begin at 12:01AM Friday 5/27 ...

Entries will be accepted until Boss starts the June Throwdown, and when that thread appears, this one will have just been locked ...

The voting thread which follows will be multiple choice, and the voting will be closed along with the June TD, to keep it simple for Boss ...

I think it might be more fun to pool prizes from members, but vendors are encouraged to participate as members. I know I have some good shit to throw in a box this year, and I have a feeling with this much notice, that I'll be able to get some epic boxes together ...

If you are interested in helping me in any way, it goes ♪♫Down in the DM♪♫ ...

:cheers:

This thread is in desperate need of more cowbell ... I mean pictures.

One can count on there being one of each of these in the winning box:

f43b3f2511c4d1cb363c7c4bed1975ec.jpg

And one of these ...

d7d9ee555007c7a30ca616c4ae47bdb2.jpg

And one of these ...

94e2bcd38e261d194620945c377df270.jpg

It was really easy last year, and everyone was easy going, which made it good times ...

But ... I did feel a little bit badly we didn't get a box to soldiers, current or ex ...

We had considered having an ante of a bottle of hot sauce, and then ...

I don't think I want to exclude anyone just because they aren't in a position to put forth an ante, though, truth be told ... but I think I could provide a couple of extra items, and/or arrange for some extras from other members ...

I'll be thinking about it, and will share more as we figure it out!

JayT said:
I'll be in to defend my title. I'm all for the ante and would be happy to throw in an extra bottle or two to cover anyone who can't afford the ante. I almost feel guilty like I have an unfair advantage now with my Egg. lol

I smoked an 8lb pork butt and two slabs of ribs at the same time on my 18" Weber grill for my entry last year. This year I'm rollin' in a 18" WSM. BGE or not, your title will be challenged heartily this Memorial day.  :twisted:
     But seriously. Your buffet of grub was jaw dropping last year. It got my vote. I'm interested to see where you take it this year.

I have no idea.  I am going to go into my Egg cookbook and see what catches my eye.  You can rest assured it will be a buffet though!  Last year was a lot of fun and I am sure this one will be too.  Grant is a helluva guy for hosting this contest.  Good luck to everyone.

Thanks to 1010, we got a box to AUS last year!
JayT said:
I'll be in to defend my title. I'm all for the ante and would be happy to throw in an extra bottle or two to cover anyone who can't afford the ante. I almost feel guilty like I have an unfair advantage now with my Egg. lol
Thanks!

I'm late to the party, but I think GM posted in another thread about the BBQ and ..YHea... I think I'm in there.....Just trying to connect the dots.... 

it's all guud- :cool:

I'm in for prizes, no way I can compete with the awesome Q'ers around here.

GM, what was the soldiers box? I don't remember all the specifics.

salsalady said:
I'm in for prizes, no way I can compete with the awesome Q'ers around here.

GM, what was the soldiers box? I don't remember all the specifics.
Dunno, I'm acquiring stuff right now, and planning to spread out the goods and see what's what this weekend ...

I'll prime the hype machine after the Caribbean TD ;)

Getting a prize to some military folk is the main improvement for this round ...

I'll start cozying up to shipping sponsors soon ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back