• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Chocolate Bhutlah PL

Noticed Chocolate Bhutlah PL at a seed site, but checked with Pepper Lover and she does not seem to offer it anymore.  Searched here at THP and it seems it was available from Pepper Lover for a bit.  Anyone have a clue what happened to it?

Judy never sold seeds for it on her site. She did have fresh pods up for sale quite a few times throughout the season though. I ordered 3 or 4 boxes of them myself.

Tony is 100% on this one.Judy never offered Bhutlah seeds for sale on her site.She had pods for sale two summers ago if im not mistaken.Additionally Judy call her cross Bhutlah.Not chocolate this or that just simply BHUTLAH.

Got it.  Pepper Lover sold the pods but not seeds probably because it was an early generation.  Folk took the seeds out the pods and grew more.

alkhall said:
Mind sharing what site?

Example: "This is the strain that was obtained from a cross created originally by PepperLover."

https://www.whitehotpeppers.com/products/bhutlah-chocolate-pl-pepper-seeds

The reason I ask is two fold. 

Purity - If I know who created a thing, I want to buy seeds from that person.  Have plenty of Butch T seeds, but now that Butch T is selling his seeds I ordered many from him directly.

Chocolate Bhutlah - Its not the only one I do this with.  I mentioned Butch T selling his own seeds, his stock looks a bit different from what we traditionally call Butch T.  Want to grow them same year and compare.  Lots of names have different strains.  So far I have figured out Chocolate Bhutlah has about five. 

chiltepin said:
That site belongs to a THP member.  jcw10tc.  I won some seeds from justin that incl. bhutlah.

I just googled it up.  I thought I had bought mine from Pepper North ( another great member ) but can not find them on his site now.  PL seeds are sold by a great many dealers.  Generally, I prefer to go to the source but couldnt find them there either.  Hence my questions.

Back