• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Eggplants

Got some eggplants today, fave to bring them in since were getting 3c tonight and 1c tomorrow :(

P4230098_Eggplant-1000_zpsmgdk2oyw.jpg

I started some Diamond eggplant from seed this year. Very impressed. I grow them in pots since I have flea beetle issues, but as of today, I can probably harvest about 4 or 5 eggplant - 6+" each - from two pots. With more behind them. 

I also started New York Improved that are only just starting to set. But they are a bit bigger and rounder, while the Diamond are the narrow, long type. The Astrakon are coming in, too - those you harvest at about 4". 

But really impressed with Diamond.

Well this year its a bust, the plants look real healthy and thick but the fruit only got two and small :( Need to come up with a plan for next year.

HMoBnhO.jpg

Man, I have been getting so many eggplants this year, I have had to give away bags full of them. I have 4 black beauty plants in 5 gallon root pouches. I fertilize and water them exactly like my pepper plants

Back