vendor Has Anyone Had Any Experience With Pepper Joe

Martino said:
I agree but dont judge them on that. I had real issues for over a year and new mangement sorted me out within days. I would be wrong to keep quiet or complain. I got better treatment with her than some other promenat seeds companies.

Thats good to hear, would like to see more newer reviews come out from the management change.

fiveohmike said:

Thats good to hear, would like to see more newer reviews come out from the management change.

I bought some reaper seeds directly from this place, and although too late for this season I plan on growing them next season.   I have no idea what I would use them for at this time.   I have only ever tasted a sliver of a reaper, and it was too hot imo for me to enjoy.  

I'll report back when the transaction is completed. 

i recently ordered the box of dynamite 5 super hot varieties, 2 freebies, and two ghost pepper dried pods showed up at my doorstep 3 days later.  so that part was good. 

i pulled 3 seed from each variety and started the paper towel method as directed in the included instructions.  this is basically a germination test, but i may end up keeping them inside under artificial lights till spring if it goes well. 

that being said zero seeds have germinated yet.  they were placed in the paper towel thanksgiving day.  temps are a steady 82F.  time will tell.  i guess it can take up to 6 weeks to germinate? 

this is the first time i have ever try and grow any pepper from seed. 

I was burned with loads of seeds that did not grow even close to true on consecutive growing seasons by the old Pepper Joes a few years ago and at that point I decided to never buy from him again.

I understand the site has been bought out and things are better, and now I am torn. I did most of my seed order from other places but I have not been able to track down kung pao peppers anywhere else. It is not an important part of my grow so I was just going to leave it, but then on the other hand maybe the best thing is to give the new management a fair shake to see how it goes. 

I'm torn right now, but I am leaning toward giving Pepper Joes a try again. If I do I'll write a quick review at the end of next season to let you all know how it shook out. 

Stefan_W said:
I was burned with loads of seeds that did not grow even close to true on consecutive growing seasons by the old Pepper Joes a few years ago and at that point I decided to never buy from him again.

I understand the site has been bought out and things are better, and now I am torn. I did most of my seed order from other places but I have not been able to track down kung pao peppers anywhere else. It is not an important part of my grow so I was just going to leave it, but then on the other hand maybe the best thing is to give the new management a fair shake to see how it goes. 

I'm torn right now, but I am leaning toward giving Pepper Joes a try again. If I do I'll write a quick review at the end of next season to let you all know how it shook out. 

Hi Stefan_W, thank you for the friendly open mind.  Hope you'll consider us for this year's grow, for Kung Pao or some of our new peppers this year here:  https://pepperjoe.com/collections/new.    Take care, Pepper Jo

JoeMay said:
Stefan,

PM me your address and I will send you some kung pao seeds i saved from last years grow.

Joe

I really appreciate your offer, but I decided that it was fair to give new new ownership of Pepper Joe's a try again this year. 

Pepperjo said:

Hi Stefan_W, thank you for the friendly open mind.  Hope you'll consider us for this year's grow, for Kung Pao or some of our new peppers this year here:  https://pepperjoe.com/collections/new.    Take care, Pepper Jo

I put in the order and look forward to trying out the seeds! 

Stefan_W said:

I really appreciate your offer, but I decided that it was fair to give new new ownership of Pepper Joe's a try again this year. 

I put in the order and look forward to trying out the seeds! 

Thanks Stefan_W, I really appreciate it!  Please don't hesitate to DM me if you have any questions or whatever.  Take care and have a great season! 

Back