• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Found a great camping spot

20160515_132754_zpshmkdekyk.jpg

20160515_131500_zpsdzzu0zze.jpg

20160515_121331_zpsk1fudlh6.jpg

20160515_115148_zpsazmuzz24.jpg

the south beach of the Kasilof River delta

queequeg152 said:
haha did you know that they sometimes dub the screech from the red tailed hawk onto footage of the bald eagle?

apparently the bald eagle sounds like a gaylord bird and not a freedom bird.
I have lots of bald eagles around me, and they make this cry that sounds almost like a cat, lol. Hard to describe, but I hear ya. Its still a bad ass bird, big as hell, and dwarfs a hawk.So its all bite, and no bark, lol I hear them crying every morning.

yea no doubt.

red tailed hawk is probably a fraction of the size of the bald eagle, its just funny to me... i remember all the smoky the bear forest fire commercials with the sound of what i now recognize to be the red tailed hawk.

Beautiful site.
funny how all my life I've camped at places where there's sandy access to warm beaches and I still envy those of you who can get to places like this.
I did spend a couple years in southern oregon and so got spend a little time tripping through the cascade range and along the rogue river but never got to be in a place like that. Funny how the old saying "the grass may be greener..etc..." may hold true for some but I think you got the greener side of the stick.

queequeg152 said:
haha did you know that they sometimes dub the screech from the red tailed hawk onto footage of the bald eagle?

apparently the bald eagle sounds like a gaylord bird and not a freedom bird.

they do kind of have a funny chittering sound
Hawaiianero said:
Beautiful site.
funny how all my life I've camped at places where there's sandy access to warm beaches and I still envy those of you who can get to places like this.
I did spend a couple years in southern oregon and so got spend a little time tripping through the cascade range and along the rogue river but never got to be in a place like that. Funny how the old saying "the grass may be greener..etc..." may hold true for some but I think you got the greener side of the stick.
The biggest problem is tourists during July, it's basically what they call "Alaskan combat fishing" and people crowd the beaches in some spots elbow to elbow catching reds

Back