• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

water DIY rainwater collector for watering my chilis.

I have been testing this DIY rainwater collector and it seems to be working quite good:

The 200 litre water container is of course situated downhill and after a good rain, the container was overflowing with water. The container also have a water tap and a overflowing valve to add a series of containers in a row, when i really need a lot of water in the summer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs5RV4GW01U

please filter that water, then go and clean your gutters!

scrub it all out with a nylon brush and some borax.

queequeg152 said:
fair enough =)

I actually just read, that all the stuff piling on the rooftop and then falling with the rainwater in to the container have all sort of good nutritions for the plants to use. So collecting all that dirty water and using it to water the plants is a very good thing to do. :woohoo:

very cool idea using the raingutter itself as a water reservoir. Your right about fermenting weeds in water as a nutrient boost to plants, This also works with any undesirable plants, just throw them in a bucket of water for a week or more, strain and use for watering.

Today was a rainy day, so my invention worked like a charm and the second container was filled with water, when i checked my rainwater collector after work. :mouthonfire:

Back