• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

GhostPepper's grows

So, this year we had a very wet spring in Kansas. The majority of my pepper plants were direct sow this year, and they all were flooded out.  Luckily I also did some containers so not all is lost. 

Here are my three Scotch Bonnets. First time growing these, and I have still yet to eat one! Hopefully three plants is enough to enjoy, and also make a powder for my breakfast. Usually use ghost powder or flakes in my eggs in the morning.  Yes, I eat Ghost Peppers for breakfast.

IMG_0626_zpsde3gbuoj.jpg

Carribean Hab

IMG_0627_zpsdknxtvdr.jpg

Pumpkin vines

IMG_0630_zpslzz3u2n9.jpg

Sunburst squash. Never grown this before either. They say to fry the squash for a nice snack. 

IMG_0629_zpsan3okjtv.jpg

White eggplants ready to transplant into the ground. 

IMG_0628_zpszil1n9rz.jpg

Blueberry bush 1st year.

IMG_0631_zpscgcmdjrm.jpg

Mammoth Russian sunflowers coming in strong. 

IMG_0632_zpsm0v7hcu2.jpg

Last night at 12:30am my doorbell rang. It was a neighbor from a few houses down asking if I knew a water main erupted in the front yard. I had no idea. Took the water people until this morning to get out and fix it due to another main bursting they were dealing with nearby.  
IMG_0619_zpssvjdn6ea.jpg

This was this morning after repairs.  

IMG_0633_zpsuhp24cvc.jpg

I wish I had more pepper plants to share, but like I was mentioning earlier the spring got them.  Had roughly 70 plants in that group, some were from seeds that a generous person from here gifted me. There is a thread on THP for the Kansas growers here that kind of explains what we had to deal with.  I do have some corn in the back yard, but figured it was only two feet tall and not much to look at. 

Garden looks great. Scotch bonnets are a good one.

Tough luck on the weather. I'm growing in the ground this year, but I have around 35 or so plants in containers. Just in case the weather turns, I can make something work.

Sucks about the water main. I'm dreading the day that happens. My town keeps patching the main every year. They need to dig it up and replace completely. If it breaks like yours did, my house will literally be flooded. Below street level.

Good luck.

OCD Chilehead said:
Garden looks great. Scotch bonnets are a good one.

Tough luck on the weather. I'm growing in the ground this year, but I have around 35 or so plants in containers. Just in case the weather turns, I can make something work.

Sucks about the water main. I'm dreading the day that happens. My town keeps patching the main every year. They need to dig it up and replace completely. If it breaks like yours did, my house will literally be flooded. Below street level.

Good luck.

This is a suburb of KC that was built in the 50s onward.  So these lines are over 60 years old. The roots from the massive oak trees we have gets into the sewers too. Guess its the heat messing with the ground, not sure.  Looking forward to the Scotch B's.  Next year will be better and bigger for my operation. Im already thinking about my 2017 layout. Want to pick up seeds from the best strains known out there hopefully. Im about to get very OCD with this. 

Now your talkin. I'm planning next year's as well. They'll be enough pod's for sale from members on here. I'll buy some Super's for my fix. Buying a variety of pod's, is a good way to sample, before growing.

Keep an eye on refining fire chilies on facebook. They do plant specials usually like $20shipped for 6 plants of a certain type like baccatums or supers. The ones I got where plugs but they took off right away and are doing really well. 

Sucks about the water main burst, hopefully they seed and stuff for you. 

Back