• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Help needed with chilli ID

I have a chilli that I received in a pack of seeds, labeled as trinidad scorpions. Each and every seed inside the package was different and I've kept some seeds from the plant that was by far most productive.
img20160706071254.jpg

img20160706140934.jpg

img20160711204439.jpg

And I have some photos of the pods from last year. They turned orange, had thin wall and were quite hot with perhaps a bit bitter aftertaste.

F1chili2-3.jpg

Seedling2-pods-opened3-1024x768.jpg

seedling2-ripe-pods-1024x768.jpg

The leaves and stems are fuzzy. More than any other peppers I've grown lately. Leaves are dark green and glossy. Pods are quite long and do not have pointed tip. Can someone help me ID the pepper? Can it be identified by those hairs on the stem, or at least narrow the choice. 

Hard to say, because last year we have had extremely lousy growing conditions and many of the pods ended up not ripe enough, partly rotten or dried out. We have had mix of wet and scorching weather that made peppers suffer and we haven't ever seen tomatoes that bad.
The pods that did make it were hot, but not super hot. I did loose my male voice frequencies for a minute, and did some squeaking :-) . might be weather related, but most of them had bitter aftertaste. And something else I've noticed, there is no afterburn the next day or just a little bit of steam, nothing compared to some other peppers. ;-)

Due to unknown ebay origin and possibility, that it is a hybrid, perhaps of more than two peppers, I try growing them from seeds that were self pollinated. It seems to be growing the same as last year, but it is way more healthy and grows even faster. Will see the pods when they get ripe this season.

Anyone out there seen it before? I'm thinking habanero, but it has(had!) thinner skin, a lot of placental tissue and was elongated. Any information is appretiated.

Back