• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense siamese twin white habanero

Was moving some of my favorite plants inside because we are under hurricane Hanna watch. I harvested all the ripe peppers I could find and when I was picking this one I had to double take because I could not find the other stem. Pretty cool looking pod because each side is a fully grown white hab. Ike is the storm that scares me!
IMG_0997.jpg

Remarkable pod Cappy...how far from the Atlantic do you live...you can't be far if you are in Mt. Pleasant...take precautions my friend...how far above sea level are you?

Thank you AJ we live 1 mile from the connector bridge to the barrier islands yet we are 20 feet above sea level. Just when my plants are heavy with new fruit these storms hit. I have just changed my mind about growing a few big plants over winter but no way. Plants in the wifes tub and fireplace.
IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg

watch out for the storm surge...if the eye goes in south of you, you get the major surge...right?

your plants look healthy...and by the way, so does your daughter....(assuming)...she's cute as a bug

Hanna is only a tropical storm atm but is huge 350 miles from the center very tropical. My plants are having a tough time holding up under the weight of the peppers let alone a big time storm. We are just far enough away from the coast not to worry about tidal surge at my house but yes the northeast quad of the storm has the biggest surge. That is my daughter she just started third grade.

Hey Pepper ridge love the pod thats just great and nice to see a happy 3rd grader,Hope the Plants hold up ok and that storm does you least damage as possible hope your family and the people around you suffer no ill affects :)

Very nice post talas and thank you. I'm more worried about my plants than anything else, that is not right. Been through hurricanes many times before and know everything will be just fine. At least you have the time to get out of the way if it's Cat 3 or higher.

Good luck getting through the storm.

Can you tell me what the name of the peppers are that the fruit stands up instead of hanging? Thanks.

The pictures you are refering to in my photo gallery are Tabasco peppers. I also have Burning Bush, a Thai variety, that ripens straight up toward the sky and Inca Red Drop that starts upward then some droop under the weight of the peppers. Nothing bad as of yet just a lot of rain atm.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
The pictures you are refering to in my photo gallery are Tabasco peppers. I also have Burning Bush, a Thai variety, that ripens straight up toward the sky and Inca Red Drop that starts upward then some droop under the weight of the peppers. Nothing bad as of yet just a lot of rain atm.

Well hope things go smooth,Burning bush is a great variety and fiend of mine luke has one and even in these cold climbs he gets two setts of fruit a year :rolleyes:

The plants and your daughter look really nice and healthy! :)

Fingers crossed there'll be no damage or harm done to any of you during the storms!

I am anxious for a report from PRF but I bet the power is out....looked to me like the eye of Hannah was close to being right over him about 1am my time...just looked at the radar on NOAA and the storm has passed him...

Well good its gone but then theres ike to come.. very worrying they just seem to be in one big line of storms :rolleyes:

Thanks for everyones concern but we are all fine here in Charleston. The tropical winds never really hit us here because the storm hit just north of us near Myrtle Beach. I hope everyone is fine in North Carolina but it looks like South Carolina got spared the brunt of this storm. Heavy rains is the worst it got here. Power never went out at my house.

Very cool RB double the flavor like double mint gum. Thanks for posting your twin pods here, and if anyone else has them I'd sure like to see them too.

Back