• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Boba Dink 16

Well, here goes.....

Hello all,

I want to start out by saying, I really wanted to publish a grow log this year. I had started some of my pepper plants in late January, and a few more varieties in February. To make a long story short, due to work overload, this season didn't go as planned. So now that things have settled down, I thought I would share my (super hot rookie season) progress. Better late than never, right?

All of my plants were doing great indoors, and were hardened off and moved outside in May. Most of them were still in solo cups, using the dual cup technique. I was finding it hard to find time to get my garden ready to put my plants in the ground, but managed to keep most of the plants alive.

In June (YES, June) I was able to get my raised bed ready for plants. On 6-25-16 the very pathetic looking bunch hit the dirt.
20160625_141810.jpg

At this point, I know that I had way too many plants for the space that I had, but I thought that planting them so late in the season, we could get away with planting them closer together. I was hoping to at least get a few peppers from most of my plants.

7-13-16 18 days later
20160713_182029.jpg

Looks like I'll get some pods off of these.

7-27-16 32 Days later
I am feeling good here. These plants blew up quick.

8-4-16
20160804_181019.jpg

With as dense as this grow bed is, I am starting to worry about bugs. I see spiders, and lady bugs every day in there. But today I found a few aphids crawling around on the mulch.

There are quit a few pods on most of the plants, and hopefully we can keep the bugs at bay.

I would like to thank Florisa and SteelHeat for sharing their seeds with me this year, it is greatly appreciated, I hope that I can repay the favor soon!

Thanks for looking

UPDATE:

I forgot to add my grow list on the original post. Everything on this list was started from seed except the cherry tomato, orange habanero, and sweet banana.

Tomatoes:
1 Cherry Tomato
1 Oliver's German White
2 Dads Sunset Orange
3 Amish Paste

Peppers:
1 White 7
3 Pink Tiger
6 Aji Pineapple
2 Long Red Cayenne
2 Jays Peach Bhut Scorpion
1 BOC
2 Hot Cherry Pepper
3 Satans Kiss
1 Peach 7
1 Gator Jigsaw
2 Anaheim
5 Pepper Joes Jalapeno
4 PI 439437
4 King of the North Bell
1 Purple Bell
3 Chocolate Madballz
1 Orange Habanero
1 Sweet Banana
3 Unknown plants from Pepper Joe, supposed to be Hot Cherry Pepper plants. pics below, any ideas?
pjm.jpg
pjm2.jpg

Busted out the neem oil last night to combat aphids. They don't look like they are multiplying as quickly as I've seen in the past. Maybe its the spiders taking them out?

I also found a few of these. We have never had these in our garden before. It looked to me like it might be a good predator, but after a quick google search it looks like they are bad for the plants.

jb.jpg

Will neem oil roust these chumps out of my garden?

Thanks for looking!

Back