• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Texas full season v1

Just recently set up a mini greenhouse on a balcony.  I had to transplant some reapers and a katie due to whitefly and torrential rains paired with infrequent 117F heat indices.   
So I now have this setup.
The top has choco brains, morugas and choco bhutlah, they are fresh transplants recovering from shock.  Below is a stick in the mud thai chile taking root, a katie and a germ tray of 2 of each 7 pot bubblegum, yellow 7 pot and bhut neyde  :pray:  fingers crossed.  The bottom (I left off a shelf for the stronger guys to take over) has my reapers, choco habanero, and the solo pots of the brainstrain and moruga.  Plenty more seed to go but the first night is good enough for me.

14xc4cj.jpg

2po19w2.jpg

124aqdj.jpg

2aah7ya.jpg

[SIZE=14.4px]
[/SIZE]

You're on your way!. That green house is going to be STUFFED!. 
you may need to think about air movement during the winter when you've got that thing zipped up.

I have a timer and clip fan I plan to utilize to get things moving,  seeing as they have taken off the past few days I may update this thing weekly.

I'm just a few hours West of you. You can most likely grow those all winter outside, only bringing them inside when it gets cold. Please watch the temps in the enclosure during the heat we still have going on.

Good luck with your grow!

Oh most certainly! I will rotate and pull them onto the actual balcony on hot days, luckily we've had solid rain to cool things off and boy do the little guys love it. Thanks for the peace of mind about Texas winters.

Oh, I hear ya about the rain. We got 10"s last week. I used to live in Houston back in the late '70's and then in Magnolia, before I moved to Devine in '89. It's much more arid here, we're in thing fringes of the desert to the West.

IMHO fall is the best time to grow peppers in our locale. I too have a fall crop in the wings. My fingers are crossed, more than half are in dirt and the ones I want to OW are in pots. I have a feeling that this winter is going to be a cold one. Most "El Nino" seasons end up with a cold winter. Time will tell....

Yeah its been nutty, and kills my plants if it picks up when I'm at work, I just backbrain it until i get home and hope they live with a few less leaves. Now that this set up is finished I think all is well, honestly feel mid summer is more dormant than a TX winter, we will see, based off how last year it almost didn't freeze at all and from nowhere we had a week long run of low 30s in like March.

So after a week these guys already love the new house.

ok3ev7.jpg

20u69ds.jpg

25zi34k.jpg

nmgufd.jpg

The bottom is choco hab, reaper, choc bhutlah, choc brain, katie, and moruga scorp. The mid is replanted moruga, choc brains and a pitiful choc bhutlah.   Top has sepia serpent and red fatalii in one tray and the same tray as last, (still no germ)  :tear:

Pretty excited about how quick these are picking up.

Another week another post, this time a very promising bhut x neyde has sprouted in all its purple majesty, a sepia serpent, red fatalii and some 7 pot bubblegums popped as well, but the heat is making them questionable so if they live I will update. The katie, Choc hab and reaper are downstairs looking for a fall home :p. Images in spoilers and this time I think my markers are legible so I don't have to text wall varieties.

334s19w.jpg

2nrn2tl.jpg

2u4j6yw.jpg

aax0up.jpg

2uqehrd.jpg

2h3at0i.jpg

bf5es6.jpg

fyzx3n.jpg

2mmsgtk.jpg

65nbxv.jpg

2ih5udj.jpg

ignore the geraniums  :whistle: 

EDIT: Fall season* no clue how I just saw this.

A little late, went out of town for a minute.  Unfortunately the hands I left the reaper, chocohab and katie to left them in real hot rain so they now are slightly overwatered but will recover, but I did notice some damn root aphids in the choco hab  :cry: . All that aside, there has been some tremendous progress with the germ process and little guys.  The original bhut x neyde is already on its first set,  and 2 bubblegum 7 pots are up; the other trays sepia serpent is doing well, I had a red fatalii pop and die while I was gone as well.  The later started tray now is rocking 3 bhut x neyde ( nowhere near as deep purple as the first) and a singular yellow fatalii.  The choco brainstrain in the last pic is going crazy, do they normally clusterf**k leaves like that?

121aez6.jpg

21o7m9z.jpg

11l7mtx.jpg

fv8tvc.jpg

25q9fnp.jpg

34zbvir.jpg

96c2t2.jpg

nnl9oj.jpg

Been a while, I was battling aphids, whitefly and uncooperative weather.  So this is what they are looking like after the blow, luckily the greenhouse didn't get hit bad but I have them breathing the cool air regardless.  The one scorpion got smacked around but I hope is recovering, lost a few leaves off the clustered choco brain; the other brains are looking awesome, especially the one I left in the house,  The seed tray situation is looking well with tray 1 being a sepia serpent, tray 2 being a bhut x neyde and 2 7 pot bubblegum, 3rd tray is a yellow fatalii and 3 bhut x neyde. I transplanted the other scorpion into a bottom water with some happy frog dirt, its taking off,  and the reaper suffered only a few leaves dropped but some crinkled new until recently, The katie and choco hab got hit hardest. several neem treatments later.

312d2md.jpg

bfow0h.jpg

2z4i6hj.jpg

20ud3yg.jpg

2ujtqb9.jpg

xngqxe.jpg

24caxiq.jpg

Hey, Josh, looks like you have a fun Fall/Winter
ahead of you! Good job battling the bugs. Hate them!

Oh yea, it's a blast! It's just a literal pain in the free time since the bastards moved downstairs to my tomatoes (from the hibiscus and down from the neighbors okra). Super weird front as well where 49 is expected, thank you greenhouse. I'm glad now though our temps aren't breeding these turds.

Decided to wait about a month this time to see how the infestation healed up and the seedlings progress.  2 choco brains and moruga are still sufferring and I opted to take them off life support since everything else was healthy enough.  I traded off a bhut x neyde and 7p bubblegum, and the rest of the little guys are great. Luckily we have had some decent temperatures here lately so I was able to see progression, still, wtf with mid 90's early november? Anywho pictures below.

The 3 in the ICU.
ajqdcw.jpg

The little guys, (left to right) Y Fatalii, Sepia Serpent, 7P Bubblegum...

33us5ti.jpg

...and 3 Bhut x Neyde

acd2di.jpg

Here is a healthy Choco Brain and recovering Moruga Scorp.

2ele6mt.jpg

Finally this here Reaper, getting ready to open up.

1265tw5.jpg

-The Katie and Chco Hab look pretty much the same since last time since I chose to chunk em in a plot of dirt to help them live; just now showing new up top-

Here is the reaper, all the flowers dropped due to temps, (sadly no harvest at all this year on any)
21lir0z.jpg

This is the choco brain
2zs8qkn.jpg

And now shitty pics from the ghouse I am not opening due to freezing temps :P

7p bubblegum and Y Fatalii
idi3ye.jpg

Bhut X neyde and a topped sepia serp.
2ywh9on.jpg

and the random deep purple bhut x (topped cause was way leggy)
sgmwyo.jpg
Been ridiculuosly busy with the whole life re evaluation thing. MY BAD, anyway figured now a better time than ever to update since we are having a wild freeze for some reason with temps in the 20's for a while which is semi unusual.  
Anywho without any further bs, here are some ass pics of the ones I decided to try to keep alive through our winter.

Just finished a move to Kerrville TX, training for work in Del Rio.  Apartment has ass for sun, only able to get my reaper b strain and sepia serpent, will take pics and update once i get back from the hotel. Life eh?

Back