• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Blooming?

Hey guys. First off thanks for all the advise and help. I FINALLY got my first bloom! So stoked!! Peppers are getting big and still green so i haven't picked yet. I was curious if and how often a bhut jolokia plant blooms a year. I live in georgia and I'm going to set up a grow house in the garage for when it gets cold. I was just curious if i could expect another bloom of peppers this year?

Keep calm and carry

First time growing these too...they seemed to be quite late as compared to the others but are just starting to bloom out.

Ya, but I started them indoors. Once I moved them outside the plant went nuts! I have a ton of peppers blooming. I just hope I can get another yield this year since everyone wants some peppers. lol

Peppers are perennials and once they start blooming they will keep doing it continuously until they die. Sometimes the blooms fall off without setting fruit though when its' too hot or they have too much nitrogen or are otherwise unhappy.

TXCG said:
Peppers are perennials and once they start blooming they will keep doing it continuously until they die. Sometimes the blooms fall off without setting fruit though when its' too hot or they have too much nitrogen or are otherwise unhappy.

Ya This is what I'm running into. I get tons of flowers but they just fall off after they close backup. This south Florida heat and humidity really sucks the big one.

Once they start, peppers bloom every 2-3 months. In general there should be about a week between the ripening and the next group of flowers.

How long have you seen them take to ripen? Ive got big green peppers, but im not sure how long they rake to turn colors. In general i mean.
963bc45a4d93d0bb41c9316260e89d8f.jpg

Keep calm and carry

Back