• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Moldy Mustards!

I am growing many varieties. From Bells to reapers. 4 types of habs. Of those 15 varieties there is 1 I haven't gotten to try. The Mustard Habanero. I keep waiting for them to ripen and by time they get anywhere close to ripening they are Moldy on the placenta/seeds. This is the only variety that is having any problem. I have 2 mustard habs and both plants are exhibiting this problem. Just curious if anyone else has had any issues with the mustards?

Are you sure its mold?
Sometimes a stressed plant will abort all seeds. They will turn black and look like mold if someone is not aware of this.

It could be I suppose. Not sure what they would have to be stressed about. One of them is a house plant. The other is on my pepper table with all my other plants. Both a beautiful plants with no signs of problems outside of the fruit not making it to ripe

LordHill said:
I am growing many varieties. From Bells to reapers. 4 types of habs. Of those 15 varieties there is 1 I haven't gotten to try. The Mustard Habanero. I keep waiting for them to ripen and by time they get anywhere close to ripening they are Moldy on the placenta/seeds. This is the only variety that is having any problem. I have 2 mustard habs and both plants are exhibiting this problem. Just curious if anyone else has had any issues with the mustards?
I have 2 plants growing and still waiting for pods. 

Back