• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

MA Wartryx pod test

Pod review of the MA Wartryx, a Matthew Arthur creation that was grown and sent to me by 96strat. This pod was really hot. The flavor was very citrus, and heat progressed from my tongue to the back of the throat. It was a ticking gut bomb, hit my stomach pretty hard about an hour later.

https://youtu.be/ACzZVf-NrPc

Peter S said:
Pod review of the MA Wartryx, a Matthew Arthur creation that was grown and sent to me by 96strat. This pod was really hot. The flavor was very citrus, and heat progressed from my tongue to the back of the throat. It was a ticking gut bomb, hit my stomach pretty hard about an hour later.

Peter I loved the crunchy sounds eating that pod. I know it was hot. Super review my friend. Peter I forgot to send you the black bhutlah scorpion. It's hotter. I have one with your name on it when it gets ripe.

Jubnat said:
Yeah man, you're crazy!

Does it ever get easier?
Or can you not really build a tolerance to that level of heat?
Thanks. The mouth and throat burn gets easier to handle. Gut bombs never are. I'll probably start cutting back to 1/2 or 1/4 pods to give my innards a break. :)
Neel said:
Got to agree with oldsalty on the insanity... Yet another great video, liking this new style of thumbnails aswell. 
Thanks, and thanks for the input on thumbnails!
96strat said:
Peter I loved the crunchy sounds eating that pod. I know it was hot. Super review my friend. Peter I forgot to send you the black bhutlah scorpion. It's hotter. I have one with your name on it when it gets ripe.
Thanks! I reviewed BBM Brain last night, will have that up this evening.
mpicante said:
Good job on the Wartryx Peter.As always very informative.
Thanks!
hogleg said:
Great review as always Peter  :dance:

THX for sharing

Does anyone know what filial generation these are at?
Thanks hogleg!
oldsalty said:
Hey Peter have i told you yer insane lately  hahahaha  Your INSANE !!  The good kind though :)
Thanks Grant!
moruga welder said:
Just another great review ! Man Peter , you must have a stomach of iron !   If only you could get the volume up a hair .  Andys gonna kill ya ! lol    :onfire:
Thanks! Yeah, my stomach hasn't been holding out too well the last two reviews. This one and the BBM Brain I did last night (video coming soon). Probably will start cutting back to 1/2 or 1/4 pods for a while.

Peter S said:
Thanks. The mouth and throat burn gets easier to handle. Gut bombs never are. I'll probably start cutting back to 1/2 or 1/4 pods to give my innards a break. :)

Thanks, and thanks for the input on thumbnails!

Thanks! I reviewed BBM Brain last night, will have that up this evening.

Thanks!

Thanks hogleg!

Thanks Grant!

Thanks! Yeah, my stomach hasn't been holding out too well the last two reviews. This one and the BBM Brain I did last night (video coming soon). Probably will start cutting back to 1/2 or 1/4 pods for a while.

i dont blame you , you won't have a stomach lining left .   I'll hand it to ya tho , more than i'd be willing to try !     :fireball:

Great review, Peter! And great looking pod, Andrew! It also reminds me of SB7J...just by the reviews I've seen. Crunchy and firm along with a scorching burn. I thought I had a late podding Wartryx, but who knows what I have. Lol. That burn definitely was a creeper and lasted a really long time. It looked painful. Fantastic job!

You are doing a really nice job with all these reviews. The pods off my Wartryx have also been really rough off the stomach a little while later.

moruga welder said:

i dont blame you , you won't have a stomach lining left .   I'll hand it to ya tho , more than i'd be willing to try !     :fireball:
Thanks! It seems like some are much worse than others for gut bombs. I ate a Bleeding Borg 9 last night and thought for sure there'd be issues, but was fine.

Bhuter said:
Great review, Peter! And great looking pod, Andrew! It also reminds me of SB7J...just by the reviews I've seen. Crunchy and firm along with a scorching burn. I thought I had a late podding Wartryx, but who knows what I have. Lol. That burn definitely was a creeper and lasted a really long time. It looked painful. Fantastic job!
Thanks! 

austin87 said:
You are doing a really nice job with all these reviews. The pods off my Wartryx have also been really rough off the stomach a little while later.
Thanks!

Back