• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! Soup n Sammie Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever seen a sparerib bone bonded to an enameled CI French oven bottom? :D

4014ff2665dce997afb80e1eeaeb0632.jpg

I added water and soap and heated it to near-boil, popped the lid on, and will let it sit overnight ...

Might have to do the vinegar-simmer on that one - Danielle *HATES* that (hot vinegar)!

My soup for this throwdown was inspired by this post of Boss' http://thehotpepper.com/topic/18-green-chile-soup/?p=26

from wayyyyyyyyy back when he used to post food (it's true i've seen it once, i think :think: )       :lol:

anyway i saw this when i was searching through older food posts back when i first joined this amazing community here, and have made a couple different variations of it since, I'm sure i posted at least one somewhere around here before 

thanks pookie for the inspiration, and thank you for this awesome place you made for us pepperheads :onfire:

:cheers:
G.I.P.

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
My soup for this throwdown was inspired by this post of Boss' http://thehotpepper.com/topic/18-green-chile-soup/?p=26

from wayyyyyyyyy back when he used to post food (it's true i've seen it once, i think :think: )       :lol:

anyway i saw this when i was searching through older food posts back when i first joined this amazing community here, and have made a couple different variations of it since, I'm sure i posted at least one somewhere around here before 

thanks pookie for the inspiration, and thank you for this awesome place you made for us pepperheads :onfire:

:cheers:
G.I.P.

That is fricken awesome GIP!! I want two bowls and a stack of semi-burnt corn tortillas, please? "Spoon?" nah I dont need one  :drooling:  :drooling:  :drooling:

And snuffLing the Boss' butt in a TD never hurts.  ;)  :party:  :rofl:

Good eats ... Danielle changed her tune after her nap and got all impatient to eat, lol ...

I had to serve her some and let her eat and fuck off so I could do up the sammie to TD spec ...

I swear - some people!

I can make that in half the time next time, having been through it now ...

Lid-off the whole time, for starters ... that would have saved 90-120 mins ...

But also, it's a righteous candidate for a partially pressure-cooked version ...

I bet I can do a 90 min version that's 90-95% as good, if not just good (or better?) ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back