• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Endorphine rush

It is not a myth. You have to suffer a bit, but you get higher than a kite.

I have triggered endorphins from eating Serranos. One of the advantages of a low capsaicin tolerance.

CAPCOM said:
It is not a myth. You have to suffer a bit, but you get higher than a kite.

I have triggered endorphins from eating Serranos. One of the advantages of a low capsaicin tolerance.
What is it like exactly?

The most endorphin rush I got was from eating half a brain strain. I was in excruciating pain for about 10 minutes in my mouth/face, then I had severe cap cramps for another 20 minutes.

Then I felt like I had just had an orgasm for the next couple of hours :)

So yes, I would recommend it! As CAPCOM said, it won't kill you.

The endorphin rush is very real no myth about it at all. Even with a low tolerance I don't think a choc hab is gonna give ya much of a rush though. It really takes a superhot to get a real deal endorphin rush IMO. There is something different in there chemical make up as well as an extremely high dose of capsaicin. In the most extreme endorphin rush's I've had hallucinations even. The buzz is most intense for the first 10-15 minutes then as said above, it lingers and can last up to a few hours.

hogleg said:
The endorphin rush is very real no myth about it at all. Even with a low tolerance I don't think a choc hab is gonna give ya much of a rush though. It really takes a superhot to get a real deal endorphin rush IMO. There is something different in there chemical make up as well as an extremely high dose of capsaicin. In the most extreme endorphin rush's I've had hallucinations even. The buzz is most intense for the first 10-15 minutes then as said above, it lingers and can last up to a few hours.
Super hots are ghosts and above right?

hogleg said:
I haven't researched it fully because I really dont have the inclination to do so. But, I will offer my opinion and who ever cares can investigate further to debunk or otherwise is free to do so. Endorphin release is not associated by the amount or concentration of capsaicin present in a pod, but is directly related to the response of a persons pain receptors to said capsaicin. Endorphins IMO are directly related to pain tolerance vs. capsaicin concentration. As evidenced by my not having to eat even near a quarter of a super hot pod to experience the skin tingling, ears plugging, light headedness, trails, spaced out euphoric high complete with time loss. I have also gotten tingly and euphoric from a good good Serrano.

Definitely not a myth. Its just your body's way of helping you deal with the pain. I only get an edorphin rush from hot peppers when I get severe cap cramps, so not really worth it for me...

The good thing about eating peppers to get your rush is , the pain is severe , but short lived.
The pain is as severe as having a limb amputated , so your body prepares for that kind of pain , but it does not last and all that remains is the buzz.

i havent eaten anything hotter than a hab, just burnt no buzz.

hoping to work up to a super hot, not for the buzz thou...just to check it off the bucket list

CAPCOM said:
I haven't researched it fully because I really dont have the inclination to do so. But, I will offer my opinion and who ever cares can investigate further to debunk or otherwise is free to do so. Endorphin release is not associated by the amount or concentration of capsaicin present in a pod, but is directly related to the response of a persons pain receptors to said capsaicin. Endorphins IMO are directly related to pain tolerance vs. capsaicin concentration. As evidenced by my not having to eat even near a quarter of a super hot pod to experience the skin tingling, ears plugging, light headedness, trails, spaced out euphoric high complete with time loss. I have also gotten tingly and euphoric from a good good Serrano.
This is right. It releases endorphins just like if you get your arm chopped off. Try eating a whole super hot to get the full action going. You will feel it in your while upper body! It kicks in the pain receptors which=endorphins. It's not myth

charlie5heen said:
Reading this makes me think the whole endorphin's thing is just a big joke.
Whaaaat? I mean, I can respect someone that doesn't just believe everything that he reads/hears. But you basically just called everyone that responded to your question a liar.....
Go ahead and down a superhot and THEN come back and tell us its bs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

CMJ said:
Whaaaat? I mean, I can respect someone that doesn't just believe everything that he reads/hears. But you basically just called everyone that responded to your question a liar.....
Go ahead and down a superhot and THEN come back and tell us its bs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
I didn't mean to say it that way, but I've never heard of anyone getting a buzz/rush from it until just recently, I am very open to the idea of it being true though.  If it doesn't effect me then it probably will effect some else.  When I say it sounds like a joke it's just counter intuitive to everything I've thought before.  I just never would've thought eating something most people would consider part of Satan's body would later make them feel good.

Back