• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

7-pot brown

Chewed up a 7-pot brown for a long time. Then spit it out. Scared to swallow a super hot after some terrible cap cramps I've had before. Will try the banana, peanut butter, olive oil, milk pre-game smoothy someday. Don't have bananas in the house so couldn't if I wanted to. But anyhoo... just with the burn in my mouth, toungue, gums, and teeth! It was quite a roller coaster ride! Tripping on a big endorphin rush right now (that and a few beers). Anyway I feel super cool right now that I conquered a 7-pot brown (well not really - truly eating one and the throat burn that comes with will have to wait). Nonetheless I'm happy :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ate a carolina reaper and instantly went into pain followed by uncontrollable burping and stomach rolls.

The only thing in the fridge was one bottle of the Mrs "not your dads rootbeer" beer.

I don't know what it was but it cut the heat instantly and took away the fire burn and other systems.

Nice! The smoothie sounds good but I'm not convinced it's any better than anything else with a good mix of protein and fat (great deli sandwich, burger and fries, after a meat and potatoes dinner, etc.)

Good luck on the next go around!

Masher said:
I ate a carolina reaper and instantly went into pain followed by uncontrollable burping and stomach rolls.

The only thing in the fridge was one bottle of the Mrs "not your dads rootbeer" beer.

I don't know what it was but it cut the heat instantly and took away the fire burn and other systems.
Sounds unbelievable! Like truly. Like how is this not known. lol. Must have been radioactive or something. Chernobyl root beer that counteracts the reaper

austin87 said:
Nice! The smoothie sounds good but I'm not convinced it's any better than anything else with a good mix of protein and fat (great deli sandwich, burger and fries, after a meat and potatoes dinner, etc.)

Good luck on the next go around!
Yeah, I'm scared. If that's the case than maybe there's something wrong with my stomach because I chewed and ate part of a dried reaper on a full stomach and was doubled over with cap cramps and had to make a call to Ralph with the toilet phone.

elchris76 said:
Yeah, I'm scared. If that's the case than maybe there's something wrong with my stomach because I chewed and ate part of a dried reaper on a full stomach and was doubled over with cap cramps and had to make a call to Ralph with the toilet phone.
I didn't say you wouldn't get cramps, I just said that the smoothie or a good meal will help. You are talking about eating some of the hottest peppers in the world. I'm pretty sure some great pod reviewers like Nigel and Peter S get cap cramps and occasionally throw up, even when preparing the right way.

I'd be less concerned that there is something wrong with you or your stomach and just realize that some of these peppers are really f***ing hot and can kick just about anyone's ass.

austin87 said:
I didn't say you wouldn't get cramps, I just said that the smoothie or a good meal will help. You are talking about eating some of the hottest peppers in the world. I'm pretty sure some great pod reviewers like Nigel and Peter S get cap cramps and occasionally throw up, even when preparing the right way.

I'd be less concerned that there is something wrong with you or your stomach and just realize that some of these peppers are really f***ing hot and can kick just about anyone's ass.
Makes sense to me! Just did the same with a big red ghost pepper (my first fresh one!) it is a wild ride. It peaked quickly after 7 minutes of fire. Now there's a steady lingering very hot burn. I'm enjoying it

Back