• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Fire Chili !!

This recipe is so tasty, but also so hot. Next time I'll tone it down on the super hots.

3 lbs ground beef, browned
2 cans kidney beans
1 can tomatoe sauce
25 oz skinned tomatoes, chopped. I used home grown tomatoes out of the freezer... or 2 cans diced tomatoes
2 cups sweet onions
5 roasted and skinned hatch chili peppers, chopped (this is what makes this recipe)
1 Carolina Reaper seeded, diced
1 Bhut Jolokia seeded, diced
2 tsp garlic powder
2 TBL chili powder

Slow cooker. One hour on high, switch to low for 5 hours. 

It's hot! Replace the super hots with a more reasonable pepper if you're serving mortals. 

I love the fire burn from Reapers, and grew the Bhut Jolokias this year....both are excellent at increasing that burn we crave.  

For a flavor twist, use 1lb ground beef, 1lb, ground sausage, 1 lb, ground pork or raw bratwurst, skins removed.

Mix the meats together with hands....pan sear mouth sized pieces until browned, drain, now make your chili.

Using 1-2-3 different meats really gives the overall flavor a nice boost, added to the fire from the peppers.

I like to use different kinds of beans too...1 red kidney, 1 black and 2 chili.

Masher said:
I love the fire burn from Reapers, and grew the Bhut Jolokias this year....both are excellent at increasing that burn we crave.  

For a flavor twist, use 1lb ground beef, 1lb, ground sausage, 1 lb, ground pork or raw bratwurst, skins removed.

Mix the meats together with hands....pan sear mouth sized pieces until browned, drain, now make your chili.

Using 1-2-3 different meats really gives the overall flavor a nice boost, added to the fire from the peppers.

I like to use different kinds of beans too...1 red kidney, 1 black and 2 chili.

Good idea on the meat...I've done that before and it really worked out nicely. 

Last batch of chili I made I used 1 lb ground beef, 1 lb sausage, and 1 lb chorizo.  Best I'd ever made in my mind.  Really rounds out the flavor.  Recipe above looks good too.

Back