• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Soap Solution

Hey I'm going to be bringing in my first overwinters soon and I read about a mild soap solution dunk or soak?

do you guys have any guidance as to how much soap? how warm/cold the water? how long to dunk or soak?

i'm cutting back to 10-12 inch stems with hard root pruning too. I'd like to avoid critters.

thanks

I washed all the dirt out the roots and dunked in baking soda/water..no root cutting. I planted in half gal pots and sprayed plants liberally with Neem oil.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I read from someone on here (i think D3monic) to use hydrogen peroxide in water and to dunk the plants after you cut them back and remove the soil. I tried that last year and it seemed to work. 

I will be following these directions:  ;)

Rough trim a few days prior to digging up....Day of dig, spray down with moderate stream of water to remove any live bugs.

Dig up, shake vigorously, trim roots as needed, transplant into new soil and container....final trim on foilage.

Then mix, and apply/spray using luke warm water:  1qt water to 1/2tsp neem oil, add 1/2 tsp dish soap. (do not use anti-bacterial soap)

shake bottle while spraying..apply heavy dripping mist to top and bottom of leaves and all stems.

Neem doesn't hold over well after 24hrs once mixed.

Discard unused portion, rinse and wash sprayer.

Back