• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense BTR Butch T Reaper Anyone know about the parent plants?

So I'm really excited about the BTR this year...seems like it blows right through most people's tolerances. I heard the parent plants were a Butch T and a reaper. I'm assuming Butch used a good phenom of his own Butch T plant. Anyone know where he got the Reaper? Was it a clone from Ed ? Anyone have any input on this plant? What generation is it at?

I grew it this year.  Seems completely stable.  Yes, it was frigging hot.  My mouth kind of dies above ghost pepper, but it seemed to hit harder and faster than either of its parents.

Anyway, you can ask him.  He is very approachable and kind to we peons in the business.

http://butcht.com

Hmm well what do you think is hotter then the BTR moruga weilder? I have a suspicion that the classic red moruga is hard to beat. I seem to always prefer that shape when going for chocolate or brown peppers too. I didn't think much of the Chocolate bhutlah which seems to be putting a lotta in the panic zone. I ended up eating a couple more superhots with my meal to get the burn up. For me ghost peppers don't have enough heat anymore and I'm always weary of ghost-trinidad hybrids as it seems to weaken the trinidad punch.

Thanks A.J. I might just do that. Interesting to hear that it is so stable. Nice to hear from a grower. Almost looks like a lava or death pepper renamed with it's cylindrical and wrinkly look.

Back