• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Whats wrong with my reaper?

Here is a pic from today

QN5P0KV.jpg

Here it is from a few days ago

e6L4aD6.jpg

Sorry about the size.

it is in a 20oz cup.  I have been watering it from the bottom using water. Every few days I water with diluted tomato fertilizer.

IMO, New growth looks ok so nothing to worry about. Some of the old leaves are a bit patchy but the plant appears to have moved on from whatever that issue was.

Watch how much you fert you apply though. Unless the soil is currently devoid of nutrients (really old soil or coco) you probably dont need to be adding much fert. Certainly not with every watering

moruga welder said:
whats the fert. ratio ?   &  your water down ratio ?

I don't know what that means.

The soil stays fairly wet. I drop about a teaspoon of fertilizer in 2 gallons and water about once a week. This is the only one of my plants that looks like this.

You need to post the NPK ratio of the fertilizer you are using.  Or better yet, just what fertilizer you are using.  It would also be good to know what you've planted in. (what is your potting media)  

New growth at this time of year isn't going to be spectacular.  This is a great time for mature plants to be podding up, though.  New growth will be slow, and changes in temperature can produce those leaves.  They don't exactly look deficient - they just don't look as good as the nice growth that you'd get in March, when the temps start to level off, and we get less variations, and the plant grows rapidly, and evenly.

There is nothing wrong with your feeding schedule, if you are strictly using liquid nutrients.

Ahhh -  Miracle-Gro Water Soluble Tomato Plant Food - 18-18-21 - i hear recommendations of 10 - 10 - 10  but I just dilute it. Hope that works.

It has been in the 80s every day here and the sun is beaming. I am glad the nights are a little cooler. But the fluctuation can cause problems. That makes sense.

My Current Scorpion got abused through my ignorance and now has more pods than I have ever seen on it at any one time.

Here are some suggestions for your fertilizer, if you like using liquid nutrients.  You will have better results with either of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Dyna-Gro-DYFOL032-Dyna-GroFoliage-Pro-Ounce/dp/B004A27DJA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482287187&sr=8-1&keywords=dynagro+foliage+pro

https://www.amazon.com/Botanicare-CNS17-3-1-2-Formula-1-Gallon/dp/B00IGFJXHC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482287272&sr=8-1&keywords=cns17+grow

Both of these are complete, 1 part ferts.  Whatever advice you may get, you don't need any "veg" and "bloom".  These are both excellent, and can be used from start to finish.

I know your climate pretty well, since I'm right next to it.  Don't get too worried about your plants right now - they're looking OK.  But seriously think about one of those other fertilizers.  Otherwise, you're going to have to think about supplementing calcium, at some point.  (which you won't have to do if you switch to one of the 2 that I recommended)

Back