• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

ChilliJez 2017

Well I finally plucked up the courage to start a growlog. I'm in the UK, a few miles south of Manchester, roughly the same latitude (so light levels) as Edmonton, Alberta. I've been a forum member here for a few years now but lurking, rather in awe of what folks achieve.

Here goes; I have 3 growing areas, work, greenhouse at home, greenhouse at my mother's home.

Work. 6 plants (5 overwintered) in a recirculating SWP system in front of an east facing window. The plants are in 3 litres of compost over 1 litre of clay pebbles in a 4 litre pot. There's a wick into a channel below that has a recirculated nutrient solution. The plants at the moment are under a horticultural fleece. The nutrient solution is warmed to about 5C above ambient temp.

Plants in this system are BOC, Star of Turkey, Madame Jeanette, Trinidad Scorpion Yellow CARDI, tbd, possibly MOA Red, Orange Habanero.

Other plants at work are in a growtent or boxes. I'll ask for help with these elsewhere. Nothing's going wrong but I know the plants should be flying and they aren't . A Moruga Yellow, Bonda Ma Jaques, Brown Egg, Bahamian Goat.

At home in my small greenhouse I'll have a recirculating DWC for 8 plants. I expect it to thrive and be my best grow and at the moment I'm waiting to see who germinates. I'll update this as I know. Also I have 3 plants in my aquaponic growbed. Overwintered DRH7400 Jalapeno and Jariza. They'll be joined by Goat's Horn.

Final Location, plants will get less regular attention; my mum's greenhouse. All SWPs, some homemade and a quadgrow. Annuums, things like Kapia, Melih Helow, Albanian Red Hot, 

I'll fill these out and post some pics soon but this is me sticking my head above the parapet.  :P

Sharing! I have 4 fine, sturdy seedlings of Lemop Drop, from Dennish, to him from Devv. Thankyou gentlemen both! In time, I hope I'll be repaying you both in kind.  :P

Welcome Jez good to see you popping your head above the trenches :party: and good to see you start your glog here on the THP. Hope you have a great season especially the recirculating dwc  home grow ....
them plants will fly when the roots start slurping up the nutes :dance:

Back