•  

The 10th Annual Hot Pepper Awards Winners Announced!

Photo

Pic upside down?

Best Answer The Hot Pepper, 17 April 2017 - 02:24 PM

It's the way you held your camera, best way I can explain it is, think of the old days and if you held your camera upside down for one picture, as you looked through your negatives, that one would be upside down. When you take a pic modern software fixes this and includes an orientation correction in your EXIF data as the file would still be upside down but the software would correct it as they know how you intended the picture to be viewed. However when you upload here, EXIF data is ignored due to us not being fully modernized, yet. This is the same reason some are sideways. If you actually edit your picture later or just click save on it, it should not happen, as, you are saving a new orientation (the editing software corrected it, and when you saved it, it was no longer a correction, but now the actual orientation). Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 geeme

geeme

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,694 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:50 PM

The bottom pic is displaying upside-down and I am not sure why. It displays correctly when I navigate to it on my website. I haven't seen that happen on this site before, so wanted to ask about it. Yes, I tried multiple browsers, all display it upside-down.

Vision w/o action is merely a dream. Action w/o vision just passes time. Vision with action can change the world. - JOEL BARKER

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#2 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 37,986 posts
  • aka:Pookie
  • (x2)

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:24 PM   Best Answer

It's the way you held your camera, best way I can explain it is, think of the old days and if you held your camera upside down for one picture, as you looked through your negatives, that one would be upside down. When you take a pic modern software fixes this and includes an orientation correction in your EXIF data as the file would still be upside down but the software would correct it as they know how you intended the picture to be viewed. However when you upload here, EXIF data is ignored due to us not being fully modernized, yet. This is the same reason some are sideways. If you actually edit your picture later or just click save on it, it should not happen, as, you are saving a new orientation (the editing software corrected it, and when you saved it, it was no longer a correction, but now the actual orientation).

I am going for max crust on the lower end

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests