•  

Photo

Two fruits per node in capsicuum annuum?

Cayenne capsicuum annuum

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 h4tsun3

h4tsun3

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:43 AM

This is supposedly a Cayenne pepper, but I've noticed that there are sometimes two fruits developing per node.

Can this be normal in capsicuum annuum or is it somehow mixed or not a Cayenne pepper at all? 

JEEYWkm.jpg

#2 Blitz527

Blitz527

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts
  • aka:Alex

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:44 PM

Wit a lot of what I have learned here and read in my own findings, Annuum generally produce 1 fruit per node, Are the seeds OP or pure? If they are pure, I would think they are not cayenne.. But weird things happen. And I could be wrong LOL

I'm the guy you don't want to be, but love to be around 😁

#3 96strat

96strat

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:16 PM

That some big flowers not to be the cayenne unless you have a cross

#4 h4tsun3

h4tsun3

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:58 AM

Thanks for the answers. According to this, it should at least be a possibility that there are varieties of capsicum annuum out there, that irregularly produce 2 fruits on one node: 

https://link.springe...1007/BF00021903

I got the seeds as a gift, along with Cayenne there also were Carolina Reaper, Scotch Bonnet and so on in the set. I already can tell that the "Scotch Bonnet" is really something else, because the leafs are rather smooth and narrow and there's mostly one fruit per node and it should be a Chinese to be a real one. I'm starting to regard them all as impure mystery seeds at this point and I will get seeds from a proper source next year.      

#5 hogleg

hogleg

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,224 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:12 AM

I've seen that a few times with my goatsweed (an annuum) mostly early in the season then it goes to one per node as the season progresses.

Edited by hogleg, 19 April 2017 - 04:14 AM.

#6 Bhuter

Bhuter

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 2,525 posts
  • aka:Adam

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:51 AM

I've seen that a few times with my goatsweed (an annuum) mostly early in the season then it goes to one per node as the season progresses.

+1. I had this happen last year with an Orange Bell. The first node had 3 buds but the rest were singular.

1lEqqDG.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cayenne, capsicuum annuum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests