• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Not a habanero ... ideas?

I had this plant labeled as Habanero ... although it doesn't seem to have the typical pod characteristics of one. It almost looks Moruga-ish, lots of bumps and spikes. Most of the established pods seem to demonstrate this pheno ... so I'm guessing it's stable. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks in advance!

Nick

QYp3wrB.jpg

mOlTjEh.jpg

hB9vwmX.jpg

You have an unknown cross or you simply have grown out some mislabeled seed.  Ether way, you can toss out the concept of ¨stability;¨ no tellng what youe got, but there´s no reason to assume it´s stable...

It's like dog breeds. Varieties don't really exist, it's just a set of characteristics that we apply to a broad band of genetics that display said characteristics. With seeds sent all over the world and not often isolated, stable varieties can get hybridized with what ever other crazy stuff the grower might be growing, and they'd never know. At this point, nobody could tell you what that thing is. 

Right on fellas ... I guess I was searching more for a speculatory guess on your behalf. Undeniably true that there are limitless possibilities as to what my "mystery plant" is! Of one thing I am almost certain though ... this is (likely) NOT a habanero.

I am glad for this ... up until a few days ago I had 76 plants of all different varieties flourishing in my garden ... someone came through and literally ripped them ALL out of the ground, roots and all! My tomatoes were destroyed as well. I am fortunate in that I had 6 plants potted up on the far side of my garage, and these were spared ... I lost all sorts of cool varieties: HP22b, Choc bhutla, naga morich, chaguanas yellow, JPGS, Scorp Butch-T, Superhot Beast, Jigsaw, Aji's of several varieties, NuMex Vaquero, ButchxJonah, Moruga Chocolate, ReaperxBlack Naga, Choc Borg 9, Bahamian Goat ... the list goes on and on and on. Seeds started in late January, growth charted and documented ... Literally hundreds of pods set and possibly in the thousands of blossoms waiting for their chance to fruit up. Heartbreaking for me!

I'm left with: 

Bhut Jolokia
King Naga
Corno di Torro Giallo
Aji Cristal
Peppadew (or whatever the non trademarked variety is)
... and this "Habanero" mystery plant

Shit man, hope you wont care much little later and I hope the fuckers who did that see someday for themselves how that feels.
:shocked: Must have been some drunk teenagers or something... who knows.

Sowing, replanting, taking care of them plants through the season to harvest some nice peppers and some assholes rip them out just as they start producing fruit... damn that's harsh.
Keep plantig though!

Definitely a shocker for me to see that ... super bummed, but hey ... life goes on I suppose! I'm blessed to have a friend nearby with 200 plants in the dirt, and my dad has nearly 100, so I should be able to snap up a few pods from them to satiate my addiction to the burn. There's always next year, right?

Back