• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds my cheapest hydroponic setup for C. Chinese seedlings. what do you think?

here is my cheapest hydroponic setup for c. chinense seedling.
1. soda bottle
2. coco coir
3. A/B nutrient
4. c. chinense pepper seeds

just cut soda bottle.  put coco coir in and then directly sow seed in it.
pour 10% dillute A/B nutrient into coco coir. make sure liquid level is around 1cm below bottleneck. 
10 weeks later, here is what a got.

36121150160_66f68da555_b.jpg

36121150490_ae9f41d3d9_b.jpg

36121149250_0f5dfbccf8_b.jpg

36121149770_28659a929c_b.jpg

this is just an experiment so i let the root be exposed to light.

what do you think? 

Looks great Lek.

How are you going to support the plants when they get bigger (top heavy) and start getting pods.

Would also be interested in your nutrient and when you say 10% do you mean 1:10 ratio with water or 1/10th recommended dilution

KAOS said:
Looks great Lek.

How are you going to support the plants when they get bigger (top heavy) and start getting pods.

Would also be interested in your nutrient and when you say 10% do you mean 1:10 ratio with water or 1/10th recommended dilution

thanks!  

i will transplant into a small pot of worm casting and bring them outside soon.  i will trim every branch at every 3 nodes.  hopefully i will have beautiful pepper plant. 

it's general A/B hydroponic nutrients.  i measure two parts according to the instruction and then pour in more water just to dilute it.

very cool.. I am wanting to experiment with a small dutch bucket system  next year but was unsure how to start my seedlings for it.  Now I have a pretty good idea what I will be doing. :) 

Reactions: lek
Ashen said:
very cool.. I am wanting to experiment with a small dutch bucket system  next year but was unsure how to start my seedlings for it.  Now I have a pretty good idea what I will be doing. :)
thanks!   i would like to learn from other people's experiment too.   :)

Back