• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Growing a Carolina Reaper plant?

Hey guys:

I've been growing this plant since I guess around June.  It was 7" tall when I got it and it's now 17" tall and doing very well.  It's flowered now about three times and I do have one pepper growing on it now.  It's been there for about 2 weeks.  Just wondering when I could expect to see another one or two? Also, it's in a 1 gallon size pot and I'm also wondering when I should move it to something larger?  What's a suitable size for just this one plant? 

Thanks

Cool. I just bought one on Amazon.  Should be here in 2 days!!!  So do you think I've stunned the growth of the plant by not transplanting it earlier?  And how long before I see other peppers pop out?

Thanks

And then what? Bring it in for the winter and do the transplant in the spring? Oh,yeah.... will I get another pepper or two??

Thanks!!!

jwmghf said:
And then what? Bring it in for the winter and do the transplant in the spring? Oh,yeah.... will I get another pepper or two??

Thanks!!!
yes  , you can bring it in and overwinter if you choose to .  You should get a couple of more pods .  Reapers are slow growing , need to start them in early  late jan. to early feb. 

moruga welder said:
yes  , you can bring it in and overwinter if you choose to .  You should get a couple of more pods .  Reapers are slow growing , need to start them in early  late jan. to early feb. 

Good to know!!! I'll do that this winter.  Thanks for the info.!!!

Hey guys:

I just got Seabird Guano and would like to feed the plant.  How much of should I use and how should it be applied?

Thanks

Ok, so I mixed the right quantity into 8oz of water ( I mixed in 0.375 US teaspoons.)  Instructions say to filter the liquid after 48hrs and apply to foliage.  Can I use a paper towel or a coffee filter to filter it?  Or just try to spray it on as is? No filtering.

Instructions also says to... Make sure you use all the Guano liquid once it's prepared.  So does that mean that I spray the foliage and then pour the remainder of the liquid into the soil just as a regular watering?  Does the mix lose it's potantcy after a certain amount of time or do they just want me to use up their product up so I'll need to buy more?

Thanks

Back