seed-train 2018 SEED TRAIN

1st seed train for 2018 is ready to go out. Everyone should have contacted the rider ahead of them and submitted mailing address. If you have not done so, do this ASAP.  If all goes smooth, we may get 2 routes in before planting.

2nd seed train for 2018 is also ready to go as soon as participant capacity is achieved.

AJ Drew said:
Bells and Sweets -  I am WILDLY interested in anything sweet / mild that looks cool and fits on a salad.  Not so much baby bells thanks to Walmart selling them now.  But Trinidad Sweet is going over great with local restaurants.  My ultimate goal is to have an on farm farmers market where the price is "Take what you need.  Leave what you can."  Wife says anything I do has to at least pay for itself, so I am targeting local restaurants to come out and buy the funky stuff so I can give away food staples (potato, onion and the like).  Challenge is finding cool funky stuff that the restaurants can not find in the grocery store that people will actually eat.  Toss a super hot on a salad and you are likely to get sued.

I'm interested in Bells and Sweets as well.  I would love to fill the freezer with sweets for winter cooking as I always run out of them and have to buy them.

I am still on the quest for the ultimate chile powder blend for chile, tacos, fajitas etc...that's mild for the family to enjoy.  I can add my own hot sauce to spice it up.

I will throw in some heirloom toms.

Well the consensus is in. Sweet peppers and heirloom toms seem to be on several participants looking to acquire list. so feel free to add as room allows. The mailers can be stressed very heavily and still hold up very well so dont be afraid of really stuffing if that becomes necessary.

CAPCOM said:
Post office is now closed. looks like a Monday ship date, hopefully.

I got some my crosses I can send you to add to the second train. Will try to get some out this coming week if it's not too late

Oh shit, it is in my mail box and it is three in the AM.  OK I need my flash light, my dog, some firecrackers, and my shotgun.  Hey, going to the mail box at night is a serious effort here in the out back.  The coyote are frigging nuts. 

Really am going out there right now. Not really bringing the shotgun or firecrackers, just the dog.

Three hours and one pot of coffee later, it is packed up and ready to go.  Wife is going to post office with orders later on today and I will include this.  Switched to medium flat rate box because I added something special for the next rider that wont fit in the bubble envelope.

AJ Drew said:
Three hours and one pot of coffee later, it is packed up and ready to go.  Wife is going to post office with orders later on today and I will include this.  Switched to medium flat rate box because I added something special for the next rider that wont fit in the bubble envelope.

You are required to post the tracking #! There are very specific reasons for this.

Capcom, sorry.  Figured I had three days.  For extra fun, remembering that I got this on Friday the 13th, look up the tracking and take note of the first three digits of his zip code.  I am cursed.

AJ Drew said:
Capcom, sorry.  Figured I had three days.  For extra fun, remembering that I got this on Friday the 13th, look up the tracking and take note of the first three digits of his zip code.  I am cursed.

You do have three days as per the rules. I am going off the following posts ...

"Three hours and one pot of coffee later, it is packed up and ready to go.  Wife is going to post office with orders later on today and I will include this.  Switched to medium flat rate box because I added something special for the next rider that wont fit in the bubble envelope."

"It's been raining here, I will try to keep an eye out for it"

Sounds like it already shipped to me.

Back