• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

indoor Indoor strain selection

So I'm new here ( did post a hello in the welcome though !) As I mentioned there I'm attempting to grow a plant or two inside . My question is are there are any varieties, that in your experience habitate and produce well indoors , also any strains currently being refined or bred out around here that I could help with ? Not super experienced but I do farm for a living at this point. Thanks !!

Depends on what conditions you intend to grow them in. In a grow tent under lights? by a window? certain varieties have different needs (humidity, temperature, space, light requirements.. and so on). Any plant can be grown indoors as long as you have the means to provide them with what they need. what kind of setup do you plan on using?

Sorry for that , alright so unique situation here , the new place I'm renting, has a de-commissioned jacuzzi in my room. After lining it with drop plastic and putting in a rack and a fold-able clothing rack to suspend the light fixture from ( both adjustable ) voila I think I managed to make a viable home for one or two plants seeing as 1) this lady is super old and is going to have her house like 78 all winter 2) it's a minimal footprint on my security deposit as I didn't have to drill any holes in anything of hers so yeah add a fan and that's my gig for the time being viable ? Yes no thoughts ?

I'm just as big of a chile head as anybody, but i think i may have tried to get that jacuzzi fixed. a jacuzzi in your room? wow!

so what is the natural light like? does the jacuzzi get any direct sun all day?

Ok well 78 degrees is a good start. Most peppers grow well in that temp. Next topic is humidity and lighting. You gonna be using LED lights? fluorescents? either way, as long as you have good lighting you'll be fine. The most important thing (in my opinion) is ventilation. You need to have good air flow! without good air flow, your plants are doomed. I've seen it time and time again. So many people overlook air flow and it's SO important. Even just a couple rotating fans does the trick. But back to your original question, You can grow ANY peppers you want indoors.

Hmm so any strains you guys are big fans of ? Also I have this 45w led lighting panel full spectrum that should cover one plant at least correct ? I've used it for micros before , there's a window behind it but the exposure is minimal really. So yeah any strains you could suggest I'm open . Thanks

But, if I were you, I would grow the super hots. They usually need a long growing season and growing indoors allows you to give them as much time as they need to mature. What kinds of peppers do you like? super hot? mild? what's your taste?

I run 10-15 inside thru the winter and my Boc x Primo has been my biggest producer indoors. Chocolate habs do pretty good also.

Dirtonmydirt said:
Always been a scotch bonnet guy ( love island food ) but yeah trying to expand and definitely super hot

Tons of killer Scotch Bonnets out there! Different colors and flavors. Chocolate, mustard all super good!

Back