• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

tv Free TV isn't gonna be free much longer.

FYI all you new TV buyers thinking you can connect an antenna to catch local channels. NOPE, not on all models.

My Uncle called me to help set up his new Vizio 60" flatscreen, well Vizio isn't putting onboard tuners in them anymore so you have to buy a tuner to catch local channels that connects to a HDMI on the set. So you spend $50 on a tuner and buy an antenna to watch free TV. 

https://www.techhive.com/article/3049219/smart-tv/cord-cutters-should-hope-vizios-new-smart-tvs-dont-spark-a-trend.html

Makes sense. iMac removed the floppy drive. New phones remove the headphone jack. Costs more to put these on TVs when not many use them, so makes the TVs cheaper, for others. Cost benefit analysis.

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     Who watches TV?

Who has time for that??

I'm to busy trying to keep them from reading my thoughts

tenor.gif

hogleg said:

Who has time for that??

I'm to busy trying to keep them from reading my thoughts

tenor.gif

Gotta use those rabbit ears for something.....................

I remember in college one dude in the house got cable and everyone spliced off it, wires running around everywhere. That one dude had an issue and called out the cable guy, forgetting about all the splices. The cable guy noticed it and basically walked around the house cutting all the cables with a knife. I can't remember if he fixed that one guy's cable though ;)

Back