• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Forbid 4f

Hi guys, so I made the mistake of bringing in pepper plants inside Into my grow tent. Long story short I had aphids, I finally got rid of them completely. Now I have broadmites that nothing seems to rid the plants of, neem, azamax etc. Im now down to two pepper plants. I kinda didnt want to give up on them, they are nowhere near producing flowers or fruit sinc I chopped them down soles. so I was wondering if forbid 4f would be an option at getting rid of those microscopic bastards.

I never heard of it before, but when I looked it up it says for ornamental use, no mention of fruits or vegetables which would lead me to believe it probably would not be great on an edible crop. Neem and Azamax work great but you have to stick to a schedule to get rid of an infestation, and break the life cycle of the aphids, mites, or whitefly. Good luck.

Green-reef said:
Hi guys, so I made the mistake of bringing in pepper plants inside Into my grow tent. Long story short I had aphids, I finally got rid of them completely. Now I have broadmites that nothing seems to rid the plants of, neem, azamax etc. Im now down to two pepper plants. I kinda didnt want to give up on them, they are nowhere near producing flowers or fruit sinc I chopped them down soles. so I was wondering if forbid 4f would be an option at getting rid of those microscopic bastards.
Forbid 4F is not labeled for edible crops, but does contain the same active ingredient (Spiromesifen) as Oberon, which is labeled for farm crops, but isn't available to the home gardener jn small quantities. I have no idea what carriers or adjuvants may br used in one and not the other. Use at your own risk.
That said I have used it successfully on my non-fruiting plants to wipe out broad mites in the past.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Back