•  

The 11th Annual Hot Pepper Awards - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Photo

Aji Charapita - $25,000.00 per Kilo ???

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Student of Spice

Student of Spice

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,549 posts
  • aka:</3 Type O Negative </3
  • (x3)

Posted 01 January 2018 - 04:57 PM

http://thehotpepper....d/?hl=charapita

What I've felt, what I've known, Turn the pages, turn the stone. Behind the door, should I open it for you? What I've felt, what I've known. Sick and tired, I stand alone. Could you be there? ' Cause I'm the one who waits for you, Or are you unforgiven, too? 

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#22 Student of Spice

Student of Spice

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,549 posts
  • aka:</3 Type O Negative </3
  • (x3)

Posted 01 January 2018 - 04:57 PM

search feature.

What I've felt, what I've known, Turn the pages, turn the stone. Behind the door, should I open it for you? What I've felt, what I've known. Sick and tired, I stand alone. Could you be there? ' Cause I'm the one who waits for you, Or are you unforgiven, too? 

#23 labuyo

labuyo

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:13 PM

Seems like a lot of marketing hype on this pepper.

#24 AJ Drew

AJ Drew

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 4,619 posts
  • aka:Da Boss's Dad

Posted 26 January 2018 - 03:13 AM

Seems like a lot of marketing hype on this pepper.

I think at the time the claims and news stories were written, the thing was just so rarely grown that it did indeed cost that much.  But I also think that if someone put their mind to it, they could grow it here in the US and offer it at a fraction of that cost.

Via a friend, was approached by a fairly local micro brewery.  They want to do a hot pepper bier this year.  At first, they were all about the hottest pepper in the world.  I suggested that everyone and their cousin is going that route.  I suggested going with the most expensive pepper in the world.  I think the main selling point was asking if they want to sell a single bier to each customer or multiples.

I -think- we might have something going thanks to a combination of that hype and reality.  Have my fingers crossed.  Being able to show my kids a bottle of anything and explain that it was made with the peppers we grew would make me so proud. 

Free US Shipping - $5.00 to Canada - $10.00 International Shipping

Seeds ready for 2018 Season - Fresh Peppers in late Spring / Early Summer

Click here for Peppers by Mail P.B.M.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests