• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Sprouting Kamut (Khorasan wheat)

My Fife grains after 24 hours.

Some sprouting info;
https://draxe.com/sprout/
dpHCTKR.jpg
c2TCMtX.jpg

dragonsfire said:
I have %35 solution and place about 3-4 drops in.
Just ordered some 35% Food grade peroxide off Amazon. In a pinch, I wonder if a quick soak and rinse in vinegar would kill all the bacteria without hurting the seeds?

If you use natural Vinegar it might be ok but it might sterilize too... quick look I found this;

"OPTIONAL STEP (but a highly recommended one) – Add 1-2 TBS. of apple cider vinegar to your water during the soaking time. This will aid in the development of phytase, the enzyme needed to break down the phytic acid found in grains, nuts, beans, and seeds."

soak_nuts.jpg

dragonsfire said:
If you use natural Vinegar it might be ok but it might sterilize too... quick look I found this;

"OPTIONAL STEP (but a highly recommended one) Add 1-2 TBS. of apple cider vinegar to your water during the soaking time. This will aid in the development of phytase, the enzyme needed to break down the phytic acid found in grains, nuts, beans, and seeds."

soak_nuts.jpg
Cool, it'll be about 9 days before I get the peroxide. I'll try some acv in the interim.

dragonsfire said:
Been munching on these and very surprised how sweet they are, like stevia sweetness without that aftertaste.

They look great. I just got my 35% food grade peroxide today. Going to start a fresh batch this evening.

Back