39 replies to this topic

#21 midwestchilehead

midwestchilehead

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 06:46 AM

So these arrived a couple of days ago. It is a bit of a late start, but should be interesting!

40761983852_30f3c35c20_z.jpg

Calvin's 2.0 powder, New Mexico chile seeds, other varieties and some superhots! Grow your own and taste the difference!
http://www.midwestchileheads.com

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#22 The_NorthEast_ChileMan

The_NorthEast_ChileMan

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • aka:NECM

Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:19 AM

Good luck JJR!

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein 

#23 amfarms17

amfarms17

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 08:11 AM

Growing some out now to see if they are true

A&M Farms - Purveyors of Chilies and Peppers

#24 Muckyai

Muckyai

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:00 PM

Hope you post a pod review/video in 6 months! 😀

#25 amfarms17

amfarms17

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:42 PM

That's the plan. Maybe end this debate. Will for me anyway

#26 amfarms17

amfarms17

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 06:09 AM

We will find out in a few months.

Attached Thumbnails

• dragon.jpg

#27 spicefreak

spicefreak

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 07:32 PM

I've planted half a dozen seeds from my dried ones as well. I know they're hot but they also tasted surprisingly similar to dried raspberries.

It's going to be super interesting to try and taste them fresh if they grow.

#28 AJ Drew

AJ Drew

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 4,593 posts
  • aka:Da Boss's Dad

Posted 28 March 2018 - 12:39 AM

My dragons breath seeds from Chili Bob popped up just fine.  Fair germination rate.  But they seemed to hate metal halide.  I moved them to the hps side but they didn't purk up.  Moved them next to normal white light florescent (old school) and they really picked up.  Cant imagine hps and mh urking them much, maybe it was the intensity.  No clue, other peppers doing fine in the same spots.

Tasted like dried raisins... I like raisins.... So maybe the hype trns out to be wrong, I'll still have something tasty.  See, you can win with new strains.

Free US Shipping - $5.00 to Canada - $10.00 International Shipping

Seeds ready for 2018 Season - Fresh Peppers in late Spring / Early Summer

Click here for Peppers by Mail P.B.M.

#29 amfarms17

amfarms17

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:27 AM

Was really just trying to see if they were gonna be something different or what the pics on the net and stories say they were, just put them in a cup of soil and put em in the sun. They are growing really well and as far as seeds go doing as good as any out there. Maybe it will be what the hype is, if not, then a new strain as Aj, all good in my book.

#30 amfarms17

amfarms17

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 05:32 AM

Well guess that debate has been settled, oh well, no mater, still gonna grow em, leave the records and drama to the pepper fighters lol. 

#31 labuyo

labuyo

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 06:47 AM

Seems the debate is over for the moment, based on the news I read at pepperhead:

https://pepperhead.c...st-pepper-2018/

Will wait till there is official results about the Dragon's Breath or the anticipated results of Pepper X

#32 floricole

floricole

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 06:49 AM

I'm also growing them this year, so I'll show you my plants to compare

#33 BlackFatalii

BlackFatalii

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:52 AM

Seems the debate is over for the moment, based on the news I read at pepperhead:

https://pepperhead.c...st-pepper-2018/

"In Ed’s press release he states that his pepper is officially the hottest “unlike recent dubious ‘world’s hottest’ claims from other peppers”.

Oh, the irony...  :lol:

#34 The_NorthEast_ChileMan

The_NorthEast_ChileMan

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • aka:NECM

Posted 09 April 2018 - 04:19 PM

"In Ed’s press release he states that his pepper is officially the hottest “unlike recent dubious ‘world’s hottest’ claims from other peppers”.

Oh, the irony...  :lol:

Oh, the poor grammatical press releases by these peppers claiming the other peppers making incorrect claims about peppers!

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein 

#35 spicefreak

spicefreak

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 05:50 AM

My seeds seem to have been duds but they came from dried pods so it's not too unexpected.

#36 Ares Schizas

Ares Schizas

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:34 AM

Seems interesting but I am at 39 cultivars for this season. Not sure if I want my 40th cultivar to be this one.

#37 ThatBlondGuy101

ThatBlondGuy101

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • aka:TBG
  • Location:21st Highest Town In Australia. (AKA a cold place kinda near Sydney)

Posted 10 April 2018 - 05:44 PM

Funny thing is, one of those dubious claims was from Ed himself with good ol' Pepper X - what with it starting off mustard, then they announce that no, it isn't mustard, which is convenient because a lot of people were doubting that a mustard pepper could be as hot as he claimed, and then we wait for Guinness to announce it officially in November, here we are in April, and still no sign of Pepper X - The World's Hottest Pepper.

"When my wife finally comes to her senses and leaves me, I wanna move to a place warm enough where my chile plants can survive in the ground year-round." - Happily Married Chilli Addict

#38 amfarms17

amfarms17

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:14 AM

We still gonna grow them. Let the others deal with the politics of it all, growing PLENTY that aint "worlds hottest", grow reapers as well. Sell more Serranos and Habanerros anyway :)

#39 spicefreak

spicefreak

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:35 AM

Funny thing is, one of those dubious claims was from Ed himself with good ol' Pepper X - what with it starting off mustard, then they announce that no, it isn't mustard, which is convenient because a lot of people were doubting that a mustard pepper could be as hot as he claimed, and then we wait for Guinness to announce it officially in November, here we are in April, and still no sign of Pepper X - The World's Hottest Pepper.

Not even no sign. We have a new record on the Reaper in its place.

#40 ThatBlondGuy101

ThatBlondGuy101

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • aka:TBG
  • Location:21st Highest Town In Australia. (AKA a cold place kinda near Sydney)

Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:17 AM

Not even no sign. We have a new record on the Reaper in its place.

Its what has got me really confused. Ed would have had to have lodged the attempt, or re-attempt or whatever you want to call it, either back before Pepper X got hyped or around then. So if he was really sending in the Pepper X to Guinness, as he said multiple times, then why on earth did he send in the Reaper as well??? I'm fairly certain that there was no "as well" - Pepper X was never submitted to Guinness. It was all just a marketing ploy, to get attention back to him and his business and his peppers. And it sure as hell has worked.

"When my wife finally comes to her senses and leaves me, I wanna move to a place warm enough where my chile plants can survive in the ground year-round." - Happily Married Chilli Addict

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests