•  

Photo

Carolina Reaper Has the Record Again?

Best Answer BlackFatalii, 07 April 2018 - 03:18 PM

Also interesting to note is the new new new new new origin story, including the Naga Viper. A chilli that has absolutely nothing in common with the Reaper, flavourwise.

Interestingly, all of the origin claims have been removed from the Guinness site just 4 days later. There is now a new date for the record: 11 August 2017, and a slightly higher number for it, 1.64 million SHU. I have to wonder why they would bother resubmitting the Reaper last year, when Pepper X was supposedly going to blow the old record away. Perhaps they weren't too confident about that after all.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 jedisushi06

jedisushi06

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 4,248 posts
  • aka:Mikey or Sushi Mike

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:47 AM

spicefreak, every day the last 11 months...

attachicon.gifrefresh_page_meme.jpg

pwned

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#22 Hawaiianero

Hawaiianero

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 03:37 PM

Why you no post spicy plate lunch brah?

Why no manapua?

Too much pakalolo?

Hahahahaha gonna have to make a new thread for that topic. Standby...too sober yet.... :D

#23 texas blues

texas blues

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 16,454 posts
  • aka:TB
  • (x4)

Posted 06 April 2018 - 04:57 PM

Hahahahaha gonna have to make a new thread for that topic. Standby...too sober yet.... :D

I and many others on this forum would love that.

Kailua pig.

Spam Musubi.

Hawaiian style hot dogs.

Short ribs.

And manapua.

Ono grinds.

#24 BlackFatalii

BlackFatalii

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 03:18 PM   Best Answer

Also interesting to note is the new new new new new origin story, including the Naga Viper. A chilli that has absolutely nothing in common with the Reaper, flavourwise.

Interestingly, all of the origin claims have been removed from the Guinness site just 4 days later. There is now a new date for the record: 11 August 2017, and a slightly higher number for it, 1.64 million SHU. I have to wonder why they would bother resubmitting the Reaper last year, when Pepper X was supposedly going to blow the old record away. Perhaps they weren't too confident about that after all.

#25 Edmick

Edmick

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 03:31 PM

I've mentioned this before but I met Ed Currie at a hot sauce expo last year and he said it was "accepted" by Guinness just a few days prior to us talking. Not sure what "accepted" means exactly but he seemed pretty damn confident about it holding the record. Who knows though. Maybe something fell through. He told me there were all sorts of lawyers involved and blah blah blah. It's just like anything else though. When there's money to be had, shit gets complicated.

#26 MulchyDreams

MulchyDreams

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 01:06 PM

CPI needs to repeat their grow/test and include the reaper. I still got my money on the TSMB.

Problem with Guinness is that they are not botanists.

BTW why isn't the peak heat listed on the record anymore.

#27 Bicycle808

Bicycle808

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  • aka:Streetwise with a "Z"

Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:22 PM

They've succeeded in making a bad joke slightly funnier.

You are entering the buttocks with the spicy hand of Chinese pepper? And pleasure from this low pepper? I am not sure but the scorpion pepper musk when raw, is the sexual experience. This is granted, and evident in the taste, and the woman jealous. 

#28 Edmick

Edmick

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:28 PM

I wanna know why I paid $20 for a bottle of pepper x sauce that was spose to be the new worlds hottest pepper.. kinda feeling a little scammed lol

#29 Ghaleon

Ghaleon

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 06:20 PM

The Last Dab tastes great but isn't like any other hot sauce I've had.

Tastes like a super hot version of the stuff you dip shrimp in. The best use is in some spaghetti.

#30 scrufy

scrufy

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:22 AM

Isnt this the jum duffy thread with the names changed to protect the innocent? Lol thisnthread reinvents itself every couple years with a different cross. I will admit the reaper had a lot longer buildup(read drama) prior to coming out than most though and its seemed to extend a couple years more now.

#31 spicefreak

spicefreak

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:54 AM

The Last Dab tastes great but isn't like any other hot sauce I've had.
Tastes like a super hot version of the stuff you dip shrimp in. The best use is in some spaghetti.

I take it you got the red version, then? The green tastes underripe when used in any decent quantity and they still charged that much plus shipping for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests