9 replies to this topic

#1 Rajun Gardener

Rajun Gardener

Hot

• Extreme
  • 909 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 11 April 2018 - 09:29 AM

This is a good deal if there's a BJ's around you.

http://www.bjs.com/c...000000000980166

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#2 Walchit

Walchit

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 2,275 posts
  • aka:Bhuthead Andy

Posted 11 April 2018 - 09:50 AM

That's about what Walmart has them for, I was gonna get one but I think I might do one of those uds things

#3 Rajun Gardener

Rajun Gardener

Hot

• Extreme
  • 909 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 11 April 2018 - 10:32 AM

It's $100 more at walmart. 

GO FOR IT!!! Build a uds. I love mine, 

#4 Edmick

Edmick

Smokin' Hot

• Moderators
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 02:50 PM

Anyone ever cooked on a la caja china? I borrowed one from a buddy a couple years ago to do a whole pig for my wifes birthday. Turned out awesome. Been wanting to buy or build one for a while.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_2018-04-11-12-07-14-1.png

#5 Rajun Gardener

Rajun Gardener

Hot

• Extreme
  • 909 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 11 April 2018 - 04:00 PM

I've cooked and eaten many meals in one of those growing up. We call them Cajun microwaves here, I never knew other cultures used them till I got older. You can find companies here that build nice custom set ups both large and small.

#6 The_NorthEast_ChileMan

The_NorthEast_ChileMan

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts
  • aka:NECM

Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:14 PM

I saw this & my BJ's Big Savings booklet showed up today. In it is mentioned $30 off clipless coupon that will be automatically deducted at register, $249.99 total. I need gas so I'll swing in tomorrow if I have a chance to take a look & see if they have any there.......

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein 

#7 jedisushi06

jedisushi06

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts
  • aka:Mikey or Sushi Mike

Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:53 PM

good deal.

#8 Rajun Gardener

Rajun Gardener

Hot

• Extreme
  • 909 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 11 April 2018 - 08:23 PM

I saw this & my BJ's Big Savings booklet showed up today. In it is mentioned $30 off clipless coupon that will be automatically deducted at register, $249.99 total. I need gas so I'll swing in tomorrow if I have a chance to take a look & see if they have any there.......

These are a stick burner so research it. It works with charcoal but so much better if you like standing next to a fire.

The best explanation of a stick burner is using all wood for a heat source. Check out this video and see if you really want to dedicate the time. 

#9 MikeUSMC

MikeUSMC

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 3,158 posts
  • aka:Iron Mike

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:50 AM

Anyone ever cooked on a la caja china?

My buddy from work rents one every year and cooks a whole pig for his kid's birthday every July. Pork comes out amazing, especially the chicharrones :)

I always try to bring pods, sauces, and pepper jelly to his house, and all of his buddies know me as "the pepper dude," haha. Last year, I made a "popper" out of the pig's eyeball and shoved a chunk of a Reaper in there :rofl: Nobody else would try it, lol. I did get one dude to try a small piece of a Reaper, and he spent the next 45 minutes curled up in the fetal position on the ground up against my buddy's shed, then another 1/2 hour in the bathroom 😂

My oldest son (11 at the time) at the other eyeball for $20 :rofl: (no pepper in it)
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f*ck with me, I'll kill you all."
-General James "Mad Dog" Mattis (to Iraqi tribal leaders, 2006)

#10 Edmick

Edmick

Smokin' Hot

• Moderators
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:43 AM

My buddy from work rents one every year and cooks a whole pig for his kid's birthday every July. Pork comes out amazing, especially the chicharrones :)

I always try to bring pods, sauces, and pepper jelly to his house, and all of his buddies know me as "the pepper dude," haha. Last year, I made a "popper" out of the pig's eyeball and shoved a chunk of a Reaper in there :rofl: Nobody else would try it, lol. I did get one dude to try a small piece of a Reaper, and he spent the next 45 minutes curled up in the fetal position on the ground up against my buddy's shed, then another 1/2 hour in the bathroom 😂

My oldest son (11 at the time) at the other eyeball for $20 :rofl: (no pepper in it)

I ate one of the eyeballs. Just tasted like pork fat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests