• 1 post

#22 Edmick

Edmick

Smokin' Hot

• Moderators
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:19 PM

Okaaay

WTF is a snacking pepper?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????!

They never say what variety they are but they come in bags like this. I have no idea what they are. Pretty much every grocery store sells them.

Attached Thumbnails

• mini sweet peppers.JPG

#23 UncleWalrus

UncleWalrus

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:40 PM

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I'm definitely liking the sound of the Sugar Rush Peach and Antep Aci Dolma.

Can you tell us the heat level you are after? You've got people here suggesting bells, when you clearly stated "chilli" pepper. ;)

Really any kind is good, but some heat is a bonus  :hell:

#24 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 45,598 posts
  • aka:Pookie
  • (x3)

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:40 PM

Mick,

Those are hot peppers?

#25 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 45,598 posts
  • (x3)

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:43 PM

Really any kind is good, but some heat is a bonus  :hell:

Well then I'd suggest you grow some Biker Billy jalapenos and let them ripen to red, you can't go wrong with jalapeno flavor and sweetness. There's a reason it's the word's most popular pepper.

#26 Edmick

Edmick

Smokin' Hot

• Moderators
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:47 PM

Mick,

Those are hot peppers?

Not hot by any stretch of the imagination. My wife thinks they might have a little tongue tingle to them but I don't think so. I usually eat them with a sriracha ranch dressing that I like.

#27 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 45,598 posts
  • (x3)

Posted 21 April 2018 - 06:55 PM

Not hot by any stretch of the imagination. My wife thinks they might have a little tongue tingle to them but I don't think so. I usually eat them with a sriracha ranch dressing that I like.

Oh okay. But the forum this was posted in is "Hot Pepper Talk" so wondering why the hell.... oh nm. Y'all drunk.

#28 Edmick

Edmick

Smokin' Hot

• Moderators
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 07:06 PM

Oh okay. But the forum this was posted in is "Hot Pepper Talk" so wondering why the hell.... oh nm. Y'all drunk.

Well the OP did say that it CAN be hot and SOME heat is a bonus so that means to me that he's open to any and all suggestions whether hot or not.

#29 hogleg

hogleg

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,857 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 07:09 PM

Confusion, denial, and finger pointing are the first signs you're a drunk  :cheers:

#30 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 45,598 posts
  • (x3)

Posted 21 April 2018 - 07:18 PM

Well the OP did say that it CAN be hot and SOME heat is a bonus so that means to me that he's open to any and all suggestions whether hot or not.

You go on with your no heat snacking pepper self!

#31 The Hot Pepper

The Hot Pepper

On Fire!

• Administrators
  • 45,598 posts
  • (x3)

Posted 21 April 2018 - 07:20 PM

PS. He posted heat was a bonus after you posted your beloved snacking peppers! #busted :rofl:

#32 Edmick

Edmick

Smokin' Hot

• Moderators
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 07:29 PM

Well this has been fun.. If I was looking for an argument I would go talk to my wife. Lol

#33 geeme

geeme

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,773 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 21 April 2018 - 07:53 PM

You really can't go wrong with a c. baccatum. 

Okaaay

WTF is a snacking pepper?????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????!

Not a formal name at all, but I consider aji habaneros (a baccatum) to be a "snacking pepper." Meaning that, while I'm watering and otherwise tending to my plants when there are ripe aji habaneros to be had, I tend to pull and eat them as I work. It's a shame, really.... then I never have enough to do other stuff with, like candy them. On the other hand, I just can't resist! Somehow, aji habaneros remind me of the flavor of oranges. 

I do the same with the purple jalapeños (once they're fully ripened to red), but not as much because they are very seedy. 

Vision w/o action is merely a dream. Action w/o vision just passes time. Vision with action can change the world. - JOEL BARKER

#34 BlackFatalii

BlackFatalii

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 08:50 PM

They never say what variety they are but they come in bags like this. I have no idea what they are. Pretty much every grocery store sells them.

The Yellow Monkey Face actually reminds me a bit of those bagged sweet peppers, but with a pretty respectable, medium burn added in. YMF is like the pepper that they could have been, if they hadn't been neutered.  ;)

Not a formal name at all, but I consider aji habaneros (a baccatum) to be a "snacking pepper." Meaning that, while I'm watering and otherwise tending to my plants when there are ripe aji habaneros to be had, I tend to pull and eat them as I work. It's a shame, really.... then I never have enough to do other stuff with, like candy them. On the other hand, I just can't resist! Somehow, aji habaneros remind me of the flavor of oranges. 

Oh, I had forgotten about Aji Habanero. I completely agree, it is a really good one to enjoy fresh off the plant. The flavor makes me think of apricots.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests