• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Salute to Trident Chilli

I've a few pics from inside the building during the service, perhaps I will load them later. Not much, I didn't want to ruin the dignity of the event. Our fallen officer's names were read, a rose for each was placed into a wreath by the honor guard. There were prayers, musical performers and guest speaker.

This I do and tip my hat to Trident Chilli, a very honorable and gracious man!  PPATB!

What a great insight WM, it's these type of "behind the scenes" accounts that most of the general public aren't aware of. It shows great compassion for the fallen, and reminds me of a passage from a poem recited on Anzac Day here in Australia. 

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old: 
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn 
At the going down of the sun and in the morning 
We will remember them."

- Robert Laurence Binyon (1869-1943)

Thanks to you and Trident Chilli.......
SR.

WarrantMan said:
I've a few pics from inside the building during the service, perhaps I will load them later. Not much, I didn't want to ruin the dignity of the event. Our fallen officer's names were read, a rose for each was placed into a wreath by the honor guard. There were prayers, musical performers and guest speaker.

This I do and tip my hat to Trident Chilli, a very honorable and gracious man!  PPATB!

Words literally fail me Reggie very kind of you to post the videos... it must have been a truely emotional memorial service. Can't thank you enough for organising monies raised your end. It is you that I should tip my hat to. Take care and thank you for the badge I will wear it with pride

Trident Chilli,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwh46zioWl8&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXwn56ah8qY&feature=youtu.be

The officer that you helped, the video is cut as his walk up was not so fluid. As best that was filmed, his thanks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-zYkSkydGQ&feature=youtu.be

Salute to you my English brother, a package of gratitude does evolve that would be the envy of a cop anywhere in the world!!

Reggie - aka The Warrant Man

Arriving back from my short vacation to the Dorset coast I was notified that there was a parcel for me at the postal depot

I cannot thank "Reggie" enough his generosity and that of his colleagues which is truly amazing these are just a very few of the gifts he sent me

ff0caedd67f853d10f455349f9b44c7f.jpg

I have now a true friend across the pond

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow! This place (THP) truly is awesome! That's an amazing package. John, you're going to love the book. I couldn't put it down once I opened it :)

My hat is off to both of you, John and Reggie. Law Enforcement Officers don't receive half the credit and praise that they deserve. Thank you both for what you do/have done. I sincerely hope you're enjoying your retirement, John. God knows you've earned it!

:cheers:

Back