• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Next Season Grow Group

So after about 10 days or so of reading as much content on this forum as I could and trying to find some ideas about next seasons grow I got to thinking that there were others like me in the first year or first couple years of growing chillis. So this year isprobably a write off for me as far as trading goes since I did not buy from a reputable source and did not receive the seeds I thought I was buying.That said I have already purchased about 10 different sets of seeds from a grower here in Canada so the hope is I will have much better results next season.

I was wondering if some people would be interested in starting a grow group which would include keeping track of each others progress from start to finish...do some seed trading at the end of the season and all the fun stuff that comes with growing together. I would hope for at least 5 people growing at least 2 or so different types of chillis on top of the similar ones we may be growing at the same time. I live in Canada but anyone would be welcome no matter your location but would be interesting to have the same type of climates for comparison.

This what i will be growing next season:
Chocolate Reapers
Red Ghost Peppers
Butch Taylor Reaper
Chocolate Scorpion Pepper
Red and Yellow 7 Pot Chaguanas
7 Pot Brain Strain
Bahamian Goat Pepper
Yellow Reaper

So I figure this would probably get more interest from people like myself since these seem to be common grows from what I have read but anyone who would like to tag along regardless of experience would be more then welcome. So again this would be more for next season starting in the Jan/Feb.
Anyone interested feel free to send me a msg or even leave suggestions would be great as well.
Everyone have a great day!!

Yeah, start a glog. I'd be down if there is ample CFL discussion in there. Don't really mess with all those ridiculously hot ones, but Bahamian Goat is pretty much every year.

skullbiker said:
This forum is basically a grow group that is very large. Keeping track of each others progress would be the glogs. Just my opinion.

All opinions and suggestions are more then welcome dude thanks!! but more so looking for a smaller group of peps and a tighter circle then the large scale stuff. A glog would be a grow log I tkae it?? which is something I would probably do regardless.

Chewi said:
Yeah, start a glog. I'd be down if there is ample CFL discussion in there. Don't really mess with all those ridiculously hot ones, but Bahamian Goat is pretty much every year.

I think most of my garden I grow for the sake of growing it and give most of it away to friends and famiyl the same would probably be the case with any chillis as well. I may make the odd sauce or salsa but I enjoy growing anything that can really give some nice color in the garden and have some function as well. Long story short im up for growing just about anything but those seeds were readily available when I purchased them.

And forgive me but what would CFL discussion be if I may ask?

Chewi said:

Canadian Football of course!

Well duhh I should of known that lol I thought i was a grow term or something about lighting. And aye im a pretty big Bombers fan I drag my wife to a couple games each year but its not as easy now with the kids still so young and the 4 hour drive each way. Going to a game now is a weekend event staying in the city for a couple days.

CDNmatt said:

Well duhh I should of known that lol I thought i was a grow term or something about lighting. And aye im a pretty big Bombers fan I drag my wife to a couple games each year but its not as easy now with the kids still so young and the 4 hour drive each way. Going to a game now is a weekend event staying in the city for a couple days.

That's a fun offense to watch. I'll have the game on tomorrow night. I picked up ESPN+ for 5 bucks a month to catch the games not on ESPN2. So far the streaming hasn't been bad.

Back