• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

My first season growing

First off Id like to thank this amazing community for the help its provided me. Earlier this year I knew nothing about growing peppers, or vegetables in general. I mustve spent over 20 hours just reading through topics here. I followed Juanitos growing guide and read it over many times. I ended up getting close to 100% germination rate. Anyway, heres a picture of some of my plants so far. I learned a lot, and I expect next years grow to be far better than this years. These are all seed grown, started in mid March.

https://ibb.co/m1eFJo

I settled on a mix of about 1:1:1, peat, compost, perlite. Amended with bone meal, worm castings placed in each hole. There is also a small amount of lime in there. I use fish emulsion as fert, but I havent been using it lately as Im starting to see blooms, and Im told too much nitrogen may cause blossoms to drop. Ive also used a few feedings of epsom salt.

Sleepy lemur said:
I settled on a mix of about 1:1:1, peat, compost, perlite. Amended with bone meal, worm castings placed in each hole. There is also a small amount of lime in there. I use fish emulsion as fert, but I havent been using it lately as Im starting to see blooms, and Im told too much nitrogen may cause blossoms to drop. Ive also used a few feedings of epsom salt.

I dont think the fish stuff is going to affect the blossom drop and combine the fish stuff with some seaweed for good measure.

Sleepy lemur said:
First off Id like to thank this amazing community for the help its provided me. Earlier this year I knew nothing about growing peppers, or vegetables in general. I mustve spent over 20 hours just reading through topics here. I followed Juanitos growing guide and read it over many times. I ended up getting close to 100% germination rate. Anyway, heres a picture of some of my plants so far. I learned a lot, and I expect next years grow to be far better than this years. These are all seed grown, started in mid March.

https://ibb.co/m1eFJo
Only 20 hours!? Lol! I had spent way more than that but I'm on the same tip as you and man such great success now the hard part is figuring out how to process/use/cook/smoke/serve/preserve/dry/freeze, and it's only just beginning!! Definitely gonna be with me for the rest of my life, and I got it in the blood now so it's a great passionaddiction! I've always been a science and growing guy and into cooking and hot peppers all my life but to be able to see the difference in growth patterns of different strains and species is so rewarding!

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Back