21 replies to this topic

#21 Mister_Al

Mister_Al

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 06:00 PM

The picture for the Nar pepper shown on the pepperlover web page has a clear constricted calyx.

It's most likely mislabeled as a baccatum, but the only way to know for sure is to grow it out.

The pepper looked like a C.Chinense to me, except for the single pod at the node ( C. Chinense usually has multiple pods). But this isn't written in stone. You're right, I'll just grow it this year and solve the mystery. Thanks for the reply.

Alan

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#22 MuyPicante

MuyPicante

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 12:23 PM

Update on my NAR.  I couldnt wait to try it so I picked the first pod before it was fully ripe. Sure look fiery doesnt it?

VazL1hA.jpg?1

agUQA1l.jpg?1

HHJbGLD.jpg

Regarding the heat, its hot! I would say on par with a reaper.  Right now we are in the midst of the hottest time of the year, so 40c (105F) temps are not uncommon mid day. I have observed that after a certain temperature, the heat seems to go down on the peppers. All of my plants are producing milder pods this time of the year. I got the hottest pods in January when the temps were about 30 C (85 C) mid day.  The taste is nice, not unique in a special way like a chocolate bhutlah is. Still not hotter than my bhutlahs, but those were picked in January. My Bhutlahs right now are also milder.  

Cheers

Edited by MuyPicante, 27 April 2019 - 12:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests