• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Gift from Mexico: how to use that?

Hi guys, that stuff somwhow came to me:
IMG20180923131143118.jpg

Ancho, Cascabel, Guajillo, Pasillo are all smoked.
Maxito is dried and i know how to use that.

Those sthould be original from Mexico.

To be honest, that stuff is not something i am even remotely experienced with (i'd say no one here where i live is).

So, guys, please help a clueless italian on how to use that! :rofl:

Oh, also, from the same source, i've some smoked really really thin smoked habanero powder.... Wtf, that stuff is easily at superhot level....

I use ancho, pastillo and guajillo in one of my chili recipes. I put them under the broiler until they are really hot, then put them in a bowl of water to soften them up. Then blend them up in some of the water to make a paste, and add that to the chili.

I use those same three in my chilorio, a mexican pulled pork that we usually eat in corn tortillas like tacos.

I also use ancho in powder form (though paste could easily substitute) in my meatless chili gravy for cheese enchiladas, as well as in my carne guisada.

You make mole!

Here is a recipe by a member

Scoville DeVille said:
I promised Maligator awhile back, I would give him my Molé recipe. Here is the latest PM I sent him. It's more or less an agreement for him to post pictures when he makes it. :lol:

"Fuck dude, my bad. We usually make Mole on the Solstices and post it up. In fact, there is a thread here somewhere, I started called "Solstice Mole". LOL We have just been busy as hell and didn't do it this last weekend like I should have. I will send you the PDF version later today when I am on my big computer. I will only give you this recipe if you agree to post up pictures. And not just the plated pics, I want to see your ingredients, process, AND plated pics. Agreed? (By reading this, you are obligated to make and share pics) BOOM!

It is a MUST to be served with [Mexican/Spanish] Rice, Beans and Tortillas. I like flour and/or corn. If you don't blacken or "burn" them, I will hunt you down and blacken your eye!

Here is a partial ingredients list (I am leaving out one crucial ingredient until I hear back from you. Whoop!) . I will give you the full recipe once I hear back from you, agreeing about posting the pictures. Yeah, I'm dead serious. LMAO

- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces or, 4-6 chicken breasts
- 8 C. chicken broth
- 1 White Onion
- 6 Garlic Cloves

- 2 TBS Pine Nuts
- 1-½ TBS Sesame Seeds
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 green tipped Banana
- 2 TBS dark Raisins
- 20 blanched Almonds
- 1 stick (4 oz) Butter
- 1 round Ibara Chocolate (you already have that LOLOL)
- ??? (LOL)

Dried Chiles:
- 5-8 Pasilla Negro
- 5-8 Pasilla Ancho
- 5-8 New Mexico
- 5-8 California
- 5-8 Guajillo
- 4-6 Cascabelle (optional)
- 5-10 Habanero

If you have any trouble finding these Chiles, let me know and I can send them to you. We are headed out for vacation so give me a couple weeks to send them off. 

Three cheers for Maligator ! ! !

Once you make the mole you can make enchiladas, or just bake or grill with chicken, wings, pork chops, etc.

chicken_mole_poblano.jpg

It would be killer with that bread you make that's like a tortilla...

Back