• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

30 day results from HLG-100 grow light

Think I will be making a purchase here in the next few days of your exact light. My room is too small for my 600w mh/hps light and I will be fighting temps and space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was glad to see this review come up and corroborate the positive things I've read about this fixture.  I've been planning to get 1 or 2 of the HLG 100 to replace, or at least get called into action before, my 250w HPS's, but waiting first to see if one happens to show up for xmas - maybe I should have left Santa a plate of poppers last year to to improve my odds. 

Been thinking more the 4000K spectrum vs 3000K though, for tighter node spacing.  I rarely grow for volume indoors, so compact growth is more important to me than potentially greater production. Everything I've seen of these HLG's (65/100/135) has been positive and I think 2 fixtures in a 4x2 tent would get the job done well, while drawing only 200w and generating minimal heat.

Awesome videos! Can you use this light for the entire lifecycle of the plant, including fruit? Or would you need to swap a different light in later?

bubspeppers said:
Awesome videos! Can you use this light for the entire lifecycle of the plant, including fruit? Or would you need to swap a different light in later?

I have the 4000K myself and it's fruiting just fine for me ATM.  Didn't start the plants with it because didn't have it until a month ago, but I can't imagine it wouldn't be great for that as well.  Actually liking it more the longer I have it.  Pretty intense for pulling only 120w from the wall.

Back