• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Boxing Day Brunch.

Heyyyo!

My Eggs Benedict (again).
Toasted English muffin (Not Australian Toaster Biscuits) LMAO
American Cheese
Thick sliced seared Hempler's uncured ham
Poached Eggs
Fresh minced Jalapeño Hollandaise sauce
Topped with a dusting of Red Savina Powder

Boxing day originated way back when, when all the servants of the houshold would be sent home with a box of leftovers and treats from Christmas day. The Chambermaids the Cooks and the Gardners were given a day off AFTER the rich folks of the house had their Christmas. It has since morphed into tradespeople and service industry workers taking the day off and a way of honoring them. Soccer is a huge part of boxing day (everywhere BUT America) because soccer has always been a sport of the people.

Happy Boxing Day!

C4AD8889-A976-4321-A0EB-8B942B5BE723.jpeg

B6DBF1A3-D7C1-4D2A-9CD4-3E2B1CAF9950.jpeg

Yeah Canada has made it their version of US's black friday, but it's been that way for as long as I can remember. As long as you and I know what it's all about. L O U N G I N G ! HAHA!

How many onions you got in that pot? I wanna see how this goes, I LOOOVVVEEE Onion soup!

I mean I REALLY LLLOOOVVVE IT!

Lik a lot. :lol:

Weird fact. Probably 10% of all the food I have have eaten in My life has gone through that pot. It is the last surving piece of a set my mom won in a bet with my Dad on the 1972 Summit Series. Heck 10% might be low, that could just be in polenta and risotto during my teen years. Lol

OMG! I like the syrup idea. I think that just just be standard as per recipe. LOL

That looks so damm good! I really appreciate you sharing.

Onions are really good right now (and cheap) so I really want to go for it. I've never made it before and I LOOOVEE it! (as aforementioned LMAO).

Happy slurping!

Scoville DeVille said:
Yeah Canada has made it their version of US's black friday, but it's been that way for as long as I can remember. As long as you and I know what it's all about. L O U N G I N G ! HAHA!

Think it's called so for packing up boxes of stuff you got for Christmas you didn't need and leftover food, and giving it to needy neighbors and the homeless. But lounging works too. :seeya:

(guilt trip lol)

I bet!!! Thyme is a "meaty" spice if you know what I mean...

Back