172 replies to this topic

#161 PtMD989

PtMD989

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 05:14 PM

My experience is raised beds drain/dry out quicker than the ground does .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#162 Bicycle808

Bicycle808

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts
  • aka:Streetwise with a "Z"

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:26 AM

Turned out to be a total false alarm. Very few of the cups themselves were very wet. Some of these plants, somehow, were bone dry and wilted by the time I got home from work.

So, plant-out is back to being scheduled for this weekend. 👍👍

You are entering the buttocks with the spicy hand of Chinese pepper? And pleasure from this low pepper? I am not sure but the scorpion pepper musk when raw, is the sexual experience. This is granted, and evident in the taste, and the woman jealous. 

#163 Uncle_Eccoli

Uncle_Eccoli

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 10:18 AM

So, plant-out is back to being scheduled for this weekend. 👍👍

Hey hey!   :dance:

Kuh-Lee Kuh-Lekka

#164 Bicycle808

Bicycle808

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 02:26 PM

Wow.

I guess I inadvertently abandoned this thing. I've had since heartache and some headaches. I had issues with the weather, what turned out to be an incomplete hardening off period, et cetera. So my plants looked awful and I guess shame pushed me away from my own GLOG.

Fast forward to now, and my beds are looking better, and my Shame has become stale. It's still there, but it has lost its pungency. Click on the links to see updated pics of my gardens, from today. Yeah, the strong winds, constant rain, and hot sun have taken their toll on my plants, but they are creating new growth like crazy, plus pods. Please, take a look:

Community Gardens:
http://imgur.com/gallery/tzHR6ES

My stuff at home:
http://imgur.com/a/K8hKK0O

There some info in the captions.

Thanks for reading,
Rob

Edited by Bicycle808, 21 June 2019 - 02:30 PM.

You are entering the buttocks with the spicy hand of Chinese pepper? And pleasure from this low pepper? I am not sure but the scorpion pepper musk when raw, is the sexual experience. This is granted, and evident in the taste, and the woman jealous. 

#165 Uncle_Eccoli

Uncle_Eccoli

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 03:07 PM

Bowling alley?  Are you a bowler?  That bonnet patch looks pristine!

Edit: Nm, just remembered you said so a few pages back.

Edited by Uncle_Eccoli, 21 June 2019 - 03:08 PM.

Kuh-Lee Kuh-Lekka

#166 Bicycle808

Bicycle808

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 04:48 PM

Haha, right now, my wife is in a Summer League where they score 9s as strikes if you roll a 9 on the first toss per frame. Not my style, plus i work on Thursday nights and that's when the games are. So yeah, right now, she's the bowler. I haven't exactly retired, but for me, this is my off-season.

Yeah, the Bonnet Bed at the Community Garden is pretty sanitary. Many of the "weeds" in the other beds are volunteers, but yeah, there's some grass and stuff too. This is only year two for the Bonnet Bed; I built it and filled it at the beginning of 2018's season, so i guess I don't have a lot of bioflora built up in there yet. Plus, being that Yella Bonnets are my main event, my true passion, I probably weed that bed more diligently than the others...

#167 CaneDog

CaneDog

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 05:52 PM

Good to be able to catch up on your progress bikeman.  I notice you brought in a chair beside your community garden plots - are you paying your uncle e his royalties on that?

Things look really good and it's great to see you getting into ripe pods. Looks like the flow will really be picking up soon and you should have plenty of "extras" to throw at pedestrians and try to convince ol' Cat Stevens to eat.

There's something I really like about that one bed you have out in front of your place. Not sure what exactly it is, but it just looks really cool.

Anyhow, cheers man. Keep up the good.

#168 Bicycle808

Bicycle808

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 06:08 PM

Haha, the chair has been with the garden longer than I have. They got a few up there. I just been kickin back on that one for the past three years... Does uncle E have a similar habit?
****Edit...NOW I get it. http://thehotpepper....y-chair/page-1# ***

Ol Yusuf won't ever eat a pepper. We have enough trouble getting his finicky old ass to eat the turkey-flavored cat food; he only likes the chicken. He's such a burning disappointment.

I'm not sure if you're mentioning that front bed bc of the "legal issues" thread, or if you just actually like it, lol. That little bed has already given me three router SuperHot Pods so I'm head-over-held in love with it... Even if it is an eyesore. The way ask if those plants are sprouting new branches, though, it's going to look rad before long. I had envisioned the whole thing just crammed full of bushy Chinense plants, and I think I'll get there by the end of July.

The neighbors have been very supportive, with just a hint of humor about it.

Edited by Bicycle808, 21 June 2019 - 06:20 PM.

#169 CaneDog

CaneDog

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 06:33 PM

Nah man. No special significance; I just look at your little bed out front in the picture and there's something about it I like.  Can't really explain.  I always have a few peppers out front, usually rocotos or something that doesn't need a full day of sun.  But they're just kinda tucked around as an afterthought.  I will say I was cracking up though reading your list of what to do with extra peppers.  

#170 Uncle_Eccoli

Uncle_Eccoli

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 06:40 PM

Good to be able to catch up on your progress bikeman.  I notice you brought in a chair beside your community garden plots - are you paying your uncle e his royalties on that?

LOL  All the chairs next to the peppers are really cool. 

The neighbors have been very supportive, with just a hint of humor about it.

A bad neighbor is a misfortune, as much as a good one is a great blessing. 

Kuh-Lee Kuh-Lekka

#171 Bicycle808

Bicycle808

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 07:19 PM

Well, I've been blessed with good neighbors and and ample communal lawn chairs. Life is good.

And peppers by the front stoop are good, too. Actually got compliments from passers-by, and the plants don't even look good yet.

Edited by Bicycle808, 21 June 2019 - 07:20 PM.

#172 PaulG

PaulG

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,605 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 07:48 PM

Glad to see you are alive and well, Rob.
Your garden beds look great - I really like
your signs. Very creative and puts a nice
finishing touch on the community garden
beds.

Your plants have made great progress -
do not stay away from your own grow
log any more 😉

:dance: Every Pod a Victory!  Life Force is Strong!

Pimenta de Neyde x Bonda Ma Jacques - Community Grow 

#173 Bicycle808

Bicycle808

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 08:14 PM

Glad to see you are alive and well, Rob.
Your garden beds look great - I really like
your signs. Very creative and puts a nice
finishing touch on the community garden
beds.

Your plants have made great progress -
do not stay away from your own grow
log any more 😉

Thanks, Paul. I made the signs to comply with a Community Garden rule that all the growers, including myself, had been flouting for years. But I actually ended up having fun making those. Then, some of the other growers liked them enough that I was commissioned to make a couple more for other ppl's beds. It's the kind of project I don't normally do, and I enjoyed it more than I expected.

But I appreciate the kind words about my plants. I had really burned some of them out. Especially the Bonnets at the Community Garden; some of those were fried down to almost nothing, bit they definitely recovered. Lots of lush new foliage and many of them are setting pods.

So, yes, I'll be adding to my GLOG more often in the future. Sucks how I'm linking the pictures now, but I can't seem to post pictures properly from my phone. I'll have to work on that...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests