• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

My only really unhappy plants are lemon drops...

Everyone else is doing reasonably well, but these guys just seem perpetually angsty (I have two and they look pretty much the same):

wtf-lemon-leper.jpg

From this chart, posted by The_NorthEast_ChileMan here...

9ZMKTVW.jpg

...it seems like the discoloration could be molybdenum deficiency? Maybe? Some of the other plants have similar discoloration, but not as pronounced.

And could excessive humidity be responsible for the curling? I don't think it's over- or under-watering, because it does this whether it's dry or wet, and it's looked like this pretty consistently regardless of how or whether it's been fertilized.

Any other ideas would be more than welcome.

floricole said:
(PepLCV) Pepper leaf curl virus ???

It does look like that, but these plants have been in close proximity to all of my others the entire time they've been growing, and these are the only ones with symptoms. They're the only baccatums I'm growing; could it be species-specific?

internationalfish said:

It does look like that, but these plants have been in close proximity to all of my others the entire time they've been growing, and these are the only ones with symptoms. They're the only baccatums I'm growing; could it be species-specific?

I am not sure if this virus can be in the seeds, but to transmit it to the other plant there must be sucking insects (white fly).

floricole said:
I am not sure if this virus can be in the seeds, but to transmit it to the other plant there must be sucking insects (white fly).

Interesting. Thanks, I'll definitely look into treatments; not sure what else to do anyway...

So... looks like there's no treatment. And I don't know what else it could be, considering it's just those two plants and it's persisted despite plenty of changes in all other factors.

Guess I'll just toss those two plants. At least the others won't catch it.  :neutral:

Back