25 replies to this topic

#21 CaneDog

CaneDog

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 12:33 PM

Here it is folks, my 2019 grow list *finalized* I have a few peppers that I can not classify as I can not find them anywhere online besides in our forums, so if you could help me out with them that would be awesome. I tried my best to keep everything in its correct type.

Can not classify:
Tepin X Lemon Drop - capsicum annuum var. glabriusculum x baccatum
Peach Bleeder - Probably chinense/7Pot, but not certain.
Orange Turdcicle - chinense
Sri Lanka Chili Red - annuum

** The B. Hopson Tribute pepper is a variety that was grown by my step fathers grandfather the season before he passed away. It is not known what variety it is, but the seeds smelled like a super hot, and as most supers are Chinense, that's where I threw it. Always cool to be growing peppers with a history like that!

I will be hoping to keep these peppers true to what I'm putting in the dirt and not allowing OP. If you have any ideas, please let me know. Needs to be as cost efficient as possible. Thank you.  I'm planning to net whole branches on many and on some a whole (mostly) smaller plants kept in a 3g grow bag for that purpose. 1 or 2 I might isolate by location with friends and family, but so many varieties this year!

MikeUSMC has a cool trick he does on containers with tomato cages (a stake would work), netting, and a bungee I'll try to find a link to it.

You're off to a great start for your "I'm BACK" year, Blitz!

EDIT - Link is http://thehotpepper....tion/?p=1489620

Edited by CaneDog, 31 January 2019 - 12:39 PM.

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#22 CDNmatt

CDNmatt

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • aka:Matty

Posted 31 January 2019 - 09:53 PM

** The B. Hopson Tribute pepper is a variety that was grown by my step fathers grandfather the season before he passed away. It is not known what variety it is, but the seeds smelled like a super hot, and as most supers are Chinense, that's where I threw it. I will be hoping to keep these peppers true to what I'm putting in the dirt and not allowing OP. If you have any ideas, please let me know. Needs to be as cost efficient as possible. Thank you.

Classy move Alex /salute

Awesome grow list buddy and by the looks of things your set up to have a solid grow this year buddy...wooohoo

cdnmatt- Season 2 has started..Into the Fire I go

#23 Blitz527

Blitz527

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts
  • aka:Alex

Posted 31 January 2019 - 10:00 PM

Thank you. The man was a hell of a gardener. 78 years old, out turning a pretty large lot by hand. Hell, he was splitting a couple truck loads of wood by hand and stacking it. The man was awesome. My step dad forgot what type of pepper the seeds came from and I am sure they were OP, but I believe it's only right if I keep the strain what it was the last year he grew anything. 😁 And yeah, I'm hoping they all come in, even if I get just one plant to harvest some peppers from. My biggest thing is I want to take at least 2 or 3 limbs per plant and use that netting to prevent OP. Keep them true to type and use them for seed for next year and for trades.
I'm the guy you don't want to be, but love to be around 😁

#24 Blitz527

Blitz527

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts
  • aka:Alex

Posted 03 February 2019 - 10:14 PM

No pics for this update. I have various stages right now from not doing anything to growing first sets of true leaves. Had to pluck a few helmets off, but most of the sprouts are doing very well. Pics will follow tomorrow.
I'm the guy you don't want to be, but love to be around 😁

#25 violentglitter

violentglitter

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 11:59 AM

With 3 boys already and kid #4 you might need a full garden to keep everyone fed!  :lol:  

I have 3 boys myself and have thought about that. They are extra picky eaters, and I've let them choose some things to grow themselves.

Can't wait to see more progress pics, especially with some of the same and/or similar varieties to what I've got started!

#26 CDNmatt

CDNmatt

Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • aka:Matty

Posted 19 February 2019 - 01:38 PM

Been a few weeks, how ya making out Alex?

cdnmatt- Season 2 has started..Into the Fire I go

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Scorpion, Reaper, Habanero, Goals, Third year, #MakeItSpicy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests