• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Curled and stunted pepper fruit

I am seeing this issue on several of my plants. First pepper pods will grow nice and large, then many of the peppers
pods after those will curl early on and stay stunted. they will then rippen while still small or fall off.

2NuaNoN.jpg

Does anyone know what is causing this and how to fix it?

sinensis said:
let's see the plants
The center one, in the whitish pot. Foliage looks plentifull and green although the leaves are a bit small.
Another plant with the same issue has some yellow leaves.

IW2J6yY.jpg

hLHPrrl.jpg

PeGQK1R.jpg

Kennylay said:
what are you feeding the plants? 
The one in the picture is being fed a water soluble 11-20-25 fert once every two weeks and the others one have been fed lots of different stuff including granular and miracle gro mix but in rather inconsistent (careless) intervals.

I have an ongoing fertilizer experiment with 6 red habanero plants where I am feeding them a specific fert each, at consistent intervals, so far no curling peppers on those. It is only happening on my "superhots".

I hope its just lack of food, that could be an easier fix than disease or pests.

plant looks good, i don't think it's lack of food.

is this the first real wave of pods?

i wonder if it's just genetics.

i've seen that before with reapers. for me, it seemed the plant just had to get more established, and on subsequent blooms, the fruits were larger and had the proper appearance.

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/68382-white-stuff-under-leaves/
scroll around in that thread, you can see a bunch of ripe (but immature) fruits near the bottom.

i have not experienced lots of fruits falling off before ripening though...

Back